License app doubles data usage

Isaac Skibinski

May 26, 2022, 11:02:16 AM5/26/22
to BubbleUPnP
According to GlassWire--and my data usage daily totals from my phone carrier agree--the BubbleUPnP License app uses the same amount of data as BubbleUPnP, in addition to BubbleUPnP's usage. I've been streaming music using BubbleUPnP Server over the internet from my computer at home while I'm out.
Screenshot_20220526-074808.png

Bubblesoft

May 30, 2022, 2:15:53 PM5/30/22
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

The BubbleUPnP and BubbleUPnP License apps both share the same user id (to be able to communicate as a single app).
Most apps do not use this obscure feature of Android (for app developers).
This share id sometimes confuses the system that sees both apps as the same app, for reporting data and/or battery usage.
You can be assured that the license app does not use data and that the value reported if for BubbleUPnP only.