Bubbleupnpserver ufw

maw...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2021, 11:28:45 AM9/3/21
to BubbleUPnP
I have the server on a RasPi with the default ports.. I recently added UFW (firewall) and allowed:
58050                      ALLOW IN    Anywhere
58051                      ALLOW IN    Anywhere
I also had to add:
32775                      ALLOW IN    Anywhere
Otherwise the renderer icons e.g Chromecast did not show up on the BubbleUPnP Server web page.
But now OpenHome renderers do no show up in the BubbleUpnp Android app unless I disable UFW.

Are there others ports I need to add to the UFW allowed list.

Thanks Mike

Bubblesoft

Sep 4, 2021, 8:09:31 AM9/4/21
to BubbleUPnP
Hi,

BubbleUPnP Server uses random ports > 1000 for OpenHome renderers it manages.
Configure UFW to not block random ports for connections originating from within the LAN (they must be blocked from the WAN).
This is how most firewall on local networks are configured, unless being paranoid.

Mark Kolmar

Sep 8, 2021, 10:22:10 PM9/8/21
to Bubblesoft, BubbleUPnP
Related question -- BubbleUPnP server is running on NAS. Devices such as Chromecast Audio, phone with BubbleUPnP app, and PC with JRiver Media Center are on another network segment, through a second router. BubbleUPnP app and server generally work fine. App is able to cast. However, I do not see anything in Media Renderers in the BubbleUPnP server web interface. Recently I saw that it should be possible in JRiver to see Chromecast Audio as a DLNA renderer, but first it would be necessary to set it up in the server. Should the server show Roku sticks? They are on the same LAN segment as the NAS. What would be necessary to allow BubbleUPnP server to see and display the devices on the other LAN segment?

--Mark