browse error on recently added Qobuz favourites

Graham Thackrah

Mar 29, 2022, 4:38:43 PM3/29/22
to BubbleUPnP
Just today I started receiving errors on recently added Qobuz favourites. When I try to play them, on any renderer, I receive a browse error, "Cannot process the request: tc.s: java.lang.illegalStateException: Expected a string but was BEGIN_ARRAY at line 2 column 1385 path $.description"

I tried adding a new favourite, same error. And removing a recent favourite and re-adding, same error. Any ideas?

BubbleUPnP android app, 3.6.2 (arm64-v8a)
server is 0.9-update43

I use the server to present my UPnP network devices as OpenHome renderers in the android app, but the error also occurs with the local renderer on my phone.

Marmite Sandwich

Mar 29, 2022, 4:51:50 PM3/29/22
to BubbleUPnP
I also had a problem like this last night, trying to access and play albums from tracks in a Qobuz playlist.
Marmite.

Marmite Sandwich

Mar 29, 2022, 5:01:35 PM3/29/22
to BubbleUPnP
Just recreated it, see screenshot. Screenshot_20220329-215557.png
Marmite

Bubblesoft

Mar 29, 2022, 6:15:28 PM3/29/22
to BubbleUPnP

This issue is caused by a JSON change in metadata sent by Qobuz servers that looks like a mistake, causing a parsing error in the app.
I reported it to my contact at Qobuz so they can investigate it.
If there is no fix on their side soon, I will work-around it in the app, but it will require a app update.