Problem after update to version 3.5.6

Charles

Oct 6, 2021, 1:20:33 PM10/6/21
to BubbleUPnP
BubbleUPnP updated to version 3.5.6 a couple of days ago, on a Samsung Tab S6Lite, Android 11. In the morning I bring my PC out of hibernation. It has Minimserver installed. I bring up BubbleUPnP on the tablet, and it has lost its recognition of the Minimserver library. The BubbleUPnP scan does not find it.

(The PC and the tablet communicate through our wi-fi network.)

I go the PC and do a Minimserver rescan, which essentially relaunches the program. The problem remains.

On the tablet I go to Settings | Apps | BubbleUPnP and force a stop, then bring up BubbleUPnP again. The problem remains.

I do a Restart of the tablet. Then BubbleUPnP finds the Minimserver library.

Maybe the new version has a bug, or maybe there is something else the user needs to do one time in BubbleUPnP after a version update.

Bubblesoft

Oct 6, 2021, 2:57:11 PM10/6/21
to BubbleUPnP
Try rebooting your WiFi router and (if necessary), your PC.

Charles

Oct 8, 2021, 3:16:43 PM10/8/21
to BubbleUPnP
Reboot of router not necessary - the rest of the network functioned normally. On the third morning, BubbleUPnP opened with a blank screen but was otherwise normal. On the fourth morning, BubbleUPnP began with its normal display of the last screen accessed the night before. Maybe the new version had to work through issues with cached data. Anyway, it was an introductory hiccup for the new version.