Raspberry Pi Zero A2DP example

Evan

Mar 29, 2022, 10:00:03 AM3/29/22
to btstack-dev
Hi,

I'm trying to get familiar with BTStack in order to evaluate it for a project but can't seem to get very far. I followed these steps:
  1. Compiled  a2dp_source_demo  using hardcoded the address "device_addr_string = "D8:37:3B:A8:5F:AC".
  2. Powered on the BT speaker (JBL Clip 4) and pressed pairing.
  3. Ran  a2dp_source_demo  on the Pi Zero
  4. Pressed 'b' to create a connection
  5. Waited but nothing seemed to happen
  6. Inspecting the logs there's suspicious replies from the controller:
16        0.229680        controller        host        HCI_EVT        4        Rcvd Unknown 0x%08x

Full packet capture here:

Am i missing something? Perhaps an earlier pairing/authentication step?

Thank you.

Regards,
Evan.

Matthias Ringwald

Mar 30, 2022, 5:15:53 AM3/30/22
to btsta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Evan

In the log, the upload of the firmware is missing. We've just made a change in the HCI layer which could be related. Could you switch to the btstack develop branch and try again?
Alternatively, you could try to use an external USB Bluetooth dongle either on the Pi Zero or on a desktop linux.

best
Matthias