HFP SCO transport problem

mikew

Mar 8, 2024, 1:26:24 AMMar 8
to btstack-dev
HI there,

I am trying to implement hfp_ag_demo and find the SCO sending stopped after very few packets posted.By checking the code I found conn->num_packets_sent is not cleared or subtracted in sending process.

My host can not receive HCI_EVENT_NUMBER_OF_COMPLETED_PACKETS in SCO sending, will it cause the problem? is there any suggestion?

My hareware is rtl8761, and the SCO is sent with h5.

Best

Matthias Ringwald

Mar 12, 2024, 3:21:04 AMMar 12
to btsta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike

Do you run this on a desktop system with the RTL8761? Please send the packet log (e.g. /tmp/hci_dump.pklg when using posix-h4).

If ENABLE_SCO_OVER_HCI is defined, BTstack will try to enable SCO Flow control, which should cause the Controller to emit HCI_EVENT_NUMBER_OF_COMPLETED_PACKETS for SCO.
If not, it's better to use SCO over PCM, but there's also a potential work around that might work, but let's first look at the packet log.

Cheers
Matthias

mikew

Mar 12, 2024, 3:39:39 AMMar 12
to btstack-dev
Hi  Matthias,

Thanks for your reply.

I have just checked with the distributer about that. If you want to use SCO through HCI tansport in Realtek chip, you have to edit initial firmware and config files.
And the hfp audio seems to work well now after using new init files.

Best,
Mike

Matthias Ringwald

Mar 13, 2024, 9:01:04 AMMar 13
to btsta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike

Glad you got it work. You're totally right that SCO is configured using the special config files you usually get from Realtek or your module distributor.
If this is for a commercial product, please get in touch with us about licensing before you go to production.

Best regards
Matthais
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/btstack-dev/01e9cbde-bd6f-49fc-9ea2-74e85b3b2098n%40googlegroups.com.

mikew

Mar 14, 2024, 10:47:55 PMMar 14
to btstack-dev
Hi  Matthias,

For now it is my personal project in compus, and I do it for my interest. If there is any further plan for production, I will contact you.

Best,
Mike

Matthias Ringwald

Mar 15, 2024, 10:23:41 AMMar 15
to btsta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike

That's cool. If you publish something on your project on the web, please share a link here, too.

Cheers
Matthias