Playstation DualSense controller not recognising HID descriptor

Ed Roberts Rayne

Dec 23, 2023, 5:49:31 AM12/23/23
to btstack-dev
Hi all,

I've been trying to modify the HID host example to pair with my PS5 controller but I keep running into an issue where it fails to parse the HID descriptor.

I can get the raw hex values from the reports but the controller disconnects after a few seconds.

Does anyone have any advice?

Ed

Matthias Ringwald

Jan 10, 2024, 6:00:12 AMJan 10
to btsta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed

Please try with the current master or develop branch. There have been a number of fixes to the HID parser recently, if you're using an older version.

If that doesn't help, please have a look at Ricardo's Bluepad32 project https://github.com/ricardoquesada/bluepad32
As far as I know, it also supports the PS5 Controller.

Cheers
Matthias