Problems with HFP_AG

Антон Гудков

Jun 21, 2024, 1:06:42 PMJun 21
to btstack-dev
Hello everyone. I have a headset that I am trying to connect to using the HFP_AG profile, the BT830 module (csr8311). The connection is successfully established and I hear a sine in the earphone, but with clicks. Clicks are repeated with a certain period, what could be the reason for this?

Matthias Ringwald

Jun 24, 2024, 8:16:13 AMJun 24
to btsta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anton

If you get a sine wave, you're probably using our sco_demo_util to send SCO packets over HCI. SCO over HCI works well with Controllers that support SCO Flow Control, e.g. the venerable TI CC2564 or newer Infineon Controllers.
For others, it's unclear when to exactly send a packet over UART without any kind of glitches. See https://bluekitchen-gmbh.com/btstack/#chipsets/ and the "SCO over HCI" column.
Btw. receiving SCO works fine on all Controllers.

Anyway, with the CSR8x11, you could configure it for HCI over I2S/PCM and send/receive audio over the I2C/PCM interface. That's nice for Narrow-Band CVSD. For mSBC, you still need to decode the mSBC frames on the MCU.

Cheers
Matthias