Port for the Maxim MAX32630FTHR

mikhail....@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2022, 4:45:02 PM2/11/22
to btstack-dev
Hi Matthias,

I am trying to build examples for the MAX32630FTHR board.
I installed the Maxim ARM toolchain.
It looks like Maxim toolchain is only for Win. So I use Win10 PC.
I am able to build examples provided by Maxim without any issue.

However I met an issue when following your instructions: https://bluekitchen-gmbh.com/btstack/#ports/existing_ports/#sec:max32630-fthrPort

I run make in the port folder:
me@W10 ~/btstack/port/max32630-fthr
$ make
scripts/create_examples.py
 - Cannot openmake: *** [examples] Error 1

I am using MSYS environment bundled with the Maxim ARM toolchain. Is it what I supposed to do?
The MAXIM_PATH is set correctly:
me@W10 ~/btstack/port/max32630-fthr
$ echo $MAXIM_PATH
C:\Maxim\ArmCortexToolchain

I see that Python3 scripts are called by the makefile. MSYS has only Python2.
Python3 is installed to Windows.
me@W10 ~/btstack/port/max32630-fthr/scripts$ python -V
Python 3.8.2

Problem seems to happen when Python script called by make invoke make recoursively.

If I run Python script manually:
me@W10 ~/btstack/port/max32630-fthr
$ python scripts/create_examples.py
make: Entering directory `/usr/home/me/btstack/port/max32630-fthr/src'
make: *** No rule to make target `bluetooth_init_cc2564B_1.8_BT_Spec_4.1.c'.  Stop.
make: Leaving directory `/usr/home/me/btstack/port/max32630-fthr/src'
Creating example projects:
- a2dp_sink_demo
- a2dp_source_demo
- ancs_client_demo

I am not experienced nor in make nor in Python.
Could you spot where I am wrong?
May be I should set some environment variable?

BTW, your instructions mention setenv.sh. I didn't find it. I've got setenv.bat when installed the Maxim toolchain.

BR,
Mikhail