What the status of Multiple Controller support in Btstack?

Ho Tony

Oct 29, 2021, 5:34:35 AM10/29/21
to btstack-dev
In some cases, we need to use 2 CSR8510 controller at the some Linux Host, I think and we have 2 choices:
1. One BTstack based app to control 2 CSR8510 Controller
2. Two separated BTStack based app, each app control a Controller.

How is the status/features of BTStack to support 2 controller?
Thanks.

Matthias Ringwald

Oct 30, 2021, 4:40:57 PM10/30/21
to btsta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony

The stack doe snot support 2 Bluetooth Controllers in one process. On Linux, it's easier to just run two processes. Yiou can then either control them via stdion/stdout, or use provided socket server in platform/daemon/src/socket_connection. The socket server already integrates with the BTstack run loop, so there's no issues with multi-threading. You may have a look at platform/daemon/src/daemon.c on how to use the socket server.

Cheers
Matthias