Dynamically change support for LE Secure connections

Brian Reinhold

Mar 4, 2024, 4:59:12 AMMar 4
to btstack-dev
It is possible in a BLR client application to change the support for LE Secure connections after the application has started? At start I enable the le_secure flag which is fine for most devices. But some devices have a bug where they crash of they see the flag set in the pairing request. When I see these devices wanting to connect I want so turn off support for secure connections such that the pairing request is sent with that flag cleared. For other devices I want to reset that flag to set.

So far it seems the behavior is fixed to what I have at startup but that may be my lack of understanding.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could point me to documentation describing the sm.c apis (over and above the sm.h file).

Thanks

PS I cant change my email address. Settings dont work as described. It is stuck at the gmail one. DOes anyone know how to change that?

Matthias Ringwald

Mar 5, 2024, 12:18:47 PMMar 5
to btsta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian

If a device has a bug using the optional LE Secure Connection, it should be fixed/updated or discarded :)

BTstack doesn't have support for dynamically updating the SM Authentication requirements, but if if you really want to support these, you may react on the GAP_SUBEVENT_LE_CONNECTION_COMPLETE,
check the BD ADDR there and update the auth requirements with sm_set_authentication_requirements(..) as needed.

Best regards
Matthias