New Stolen bicycles

Yin Yang

Mar 23, 2015, 10:34:49 PM3/23/15
to btr...@googlegroups.com
Here's a place to place details on bikes that have been stolen. The more eyes the better

Yin Yang

Mar 23, 2015, 10:35:53 PM3/23/15
to btr...@googlegroups.com
2009 "royal blue" (medium blue) Marin Fairfax ALP flat bar road bike/hybrid stolen from the bike rack under the Safeway at 1234 Beretania on 1/31/15, between ~4-4:30 pm. Looks much like the stock image attached, except with a black rear derailleur. If it hasn't been taken apart, there's a good chance the rear shifter cable still hasn't been cut from when I installed it - instead just coiled up and twist tied to the rear derailleur cable housing.

Saw a guy with it three days after the theft outside of Long's Drugs at King and Hausten St., but he left before the cops could get there. If you see it in the Mo'ili'ili/McCully/Waikiki area, please get in touch! I'd really like this bike back, I can't afford a car or a replacement bike, and this is my main form of transportation. Reward offered for its return.

image 1

Yin Yang

Mar 31, 2015, 5:56:32 PM3/31/15
to btr...@googlegroups.com
Another craigslist add for stolen bike. Here's the link. http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/bik/4949311298.html

Reward for Stolen Giant Cypress Bike - $200 (Haleiwa)

On Wednesday March 18, 2015 between 9:30 and 10am at the Waialua Community Association gym building during food bank distribution in Haleiwa, while working as a volunteer, someone stole my bike.

I am offering a $200 reward for return of the bike and or information on whom is involved.

The bike is black and charcoal grey, and a mans XL - Extra Large frame, Giant is the brand name and Cypress is the model.

It has 27 speeds and new black saddle bags on the back and 2 smaller saddle bags on the main frame. 29 inch 700c tires, tour glides.

Yin Yang

Mar 31, 2015, 5:59:21 PM3/31/15
to btr...@googlegroups.com

And yet another one.

 Bike Stolen (Kailua)
< >
image 1

This bike was stolen out of our fronyt yard last night. It belonged to a 50 year old Down Syndrome male. He uses it everyday. If anyone sees this bike being sold or ridden please contact his brother Mark 808-349-8127

Yin Yang

Apr 9, 2015, 11:20:18 PM4/9/15
to btr...@googlegroups.com
Another stolen registered bicycle

image 1

"Hello

My 2012 silver Specialized Secteur Road Bike was stolen from my Waikiki condo parking structure last week. If you see this beauty on the road, can you please call me ASAP? Bike's registration license number W83106 and serial number WSBC602063574F. Please call 917 612 8273. $150 cash reward available.

Thanks.
Angela"

Maaza Mekuria

Apr 10, 2015, 5:18:27 AM4/10/15
to btr...@googlegroups.com

I checked with the post office regarding bike shipments and learned only that the shipping rates could be as low as $50 .  70 lb wt $130.  With carbon bikes weighing 15 or less it is very affordable to ship them away.  I couldn't get a count of how many and there is only voluntary declaration.  Maybe the main USPS could provide data on the shipped data.  But perhaps the regulations could be changed to not allow shipping without valid ownership / registration  much like autos.

This maybe a little control on the epidemic.

It is also possible to use the usps online api to download some useful data on bike shipping from Oahu.

Keep up the good work.