Force Recheck or similar option

Alex Buie

Jan 2, 2011, 6:01:31 PM1/2/11
to btpd general discussion
I'm adding torrents where I'm the initial seed, or torrents where I've
already downloaded the files. btpd seems to sit at 0%, however. Is
there something I need to do differently or additionally to get these
torrents to work right?

Nemosoft Unv.

Jan 3, 2011, 6:07:19 PM1/3/11
to btpd-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Not that I know of... The most likely cause is that you forgot the -d option,
to indicate the directory where your files are stored. It does not default to
the current working directory! E.g.

# cd /var/torrent/x
# btpd add ~/x.torrent

won't work as expected. Instead use:

# btpd -d /var/torrent/x ~/x.torrent

This has tripped me up a few times as well...

Regards,

- Nemosoft

Alex Buie

Jan 3, 2011, 11:56:48 PM1/3/11
to btpd-...@googlegroups.com
What I realized was happening was a combination of what you said, and
not using the --topdir (-T) option. Everything works great now,
thanks!

Alex