Patch: Accept invalid .torrent files.

Brian M. Waters

Apr 3, 2012, 1:05:09 AM4/3/12
to btpd general discussion
Actually, I wrote this a long time ago, and it corresponds to this
discussion: http://groups.google.com/group/btpd-users/browse_thread/thread/b260a8feca518ab0.

The issue was originally discussed here:
http://groups.google.com/group/btpd-users/browse_thread/thread/b260a8feca518ab0.

Pull request at https://github.com/btpd/btpd/pull/36.

Thanks!

- Brian Waters

Florian Stinglmayr

Apr 3, 2012, 5:25:08 AM4/3/12
to btpd-...@googlegroups.com

Generally a good fix, but is it just me or is no one attached to the
BTPD organisation on github at the moment?

Regards,
Florian

P.S.: Me on github: https://github.com/n0la

Brian Waters

Apr 3, 2012, 12:12:18 PM4/3/12
to btpd-...@googlegroups.com
Florian,

You may be correct there. I am not too familiar with how you guys run
the project, but github seems like the authoritative website. That
being said, there hasn't been a commit to the master repo in two
years. Is development still active somewhere else?

- BW

Marq Schneider

Apr 3, 2012, 9:52:11 PM4/3/12
to btpd-...@googlegroups.com
I was working on trying to add MSE/PE support to btpd. Got lost along
the way. I've been trying to keep up with issues and patches, but
haven't found the time to test them and merge them in. It'll probably
be a couple more weeks before I can do that. If some of you could
test Brian's patches and report back here, I'd be happy to pull them
in.

Thanks,
Marq

Alex Buie

Apr 3, 2012, 10:09:20 PM4/3/12
to btpd-...@googlegroups.com

I've been using it for a long time. No adverse effects, and it's nice to be able to load malformed torrents.

Florian Stinglmayr

Apr 4, 2012, 1:20:01 AM4/4/12
to btpd-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:52 AM, Marq Schneider <queu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was working on trying to add MSE/PE support to btpd.  Got lost along
> the way.  I've been trying to keep up with issues and patches, but
> haven't found the time to test them and merge them in.  It'll probably
> be a couple more weeks before I can do that.  If some of you could
> test Brian's patches and report back here, I'd be happy to pull them
> in.

I have been using his patch for a few months now, and it appears to be
stable. The patch has my go.

Regards,
Florian

Brian Waters

Apr 4, 2012, 2:54:26 AM4/4/12
to btpd-...@googlegroups.com
Marq, thanks for the work on BT encryption. That's a great feature. If
you're feeling swamped, maybe you could upload your commits to GH or
somewhere, I'm sure others would be happy to help out and take a load
off. (I am probably not skilled enough).

Let me just say I think it's really cool that people have been using a
patch I wrote (however trivial) for the past couple months, unknown to
me. It's one of the first real patches I've contributed to any open
source project. Thanks for testing!

- BW

Samantha Baldwin

Jan 19, 2013, 1:31:50 AM1/19/13
to btpd-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:52 PM, Marq Schneider <queu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was working on trying to add MSE/PE support to btpd. Got lost along
> the way. I've been trying to keep up with issues and patches, but
> haven't found the time to test them and merge them in. It'll probably
> be a couple more weeks before I can do that. If some of you could
> test Brian's patches and report back here, I'd be happy to pull them
> in.

It would be really nice if you could make these commits available on
github, even if the functionality isn't complete.
--
Samantha Baldwin - logik.li

Marouane Hmaidi

Apr 2, 2014, 6:14:18 AM4/2/14
to btpd-...@googlegroups.com, brianm...@gmail.com, cherif...@gmail.com

Hello,
I tape btcli add -d i.torrent.i i.torrent, but i receive this message : " cannot open connection to btpd in var/lib/btpd (no such file or directory).
Please help me.
thanks a lot !!