FW: Shrubs to know, jumping worms, herbaceous perennials and more with OSU!

Teresa Matteson

Jun 6, 2022, 4:17:45 PM6/6/22
to Announce (bswcd-announce@googlegroups.com)

From: Rich Collins, Oregon State University <rich.c...@pace.oregonstate.edu>
Sent: Monday, June 6, 2022 1:15 PM
To: Teresa Matteson <tmat...@bentonswcd.org>
Subject: Shrubs to know, jumping worms, herbaceous perennials and more with OSU!

Check out our relaunch of the "Shrubs to Know" book, study growing herbaceous perennials, read about jumping worms and more!

OSU_horizontal_2C_W_over_B

OSU Extension Service and
Professional & Continuing Education

Shrub with green leaves and light pink flowers

Hello

For many of us, June is the time to really get to work in the garden, fighting weeds and nurturing our fruits, veggies and flowers. Fortunately we have plenty of resources to help you out this month!

Revised "Shrubs to Know" book out now

The forest understory pulses with plant life — a vast variety of shrubs. But how do you tell them apart? "Shrubs to Know in Pacific Northwest Forests" has the answers. Get the book that makes a hike through the woods feel like a visit with close friends.

Cover of

master-gardener-black

Irrigation choices and design for the home garden and landscape

Part of the free Growing Oregon Gardeners webinar series, this presentation will guide you through the principles of irrigation design, helping you choose the right system for your needs. Register today to secure your spot.

Invasive jumping worms leap into Oregon

Jumping worms, a not-so-nice pest that arrived in the United States in the 1920s as fishing bait and as hitchhikers on imported plants and soils, have vaulted into gardens and nurseries up and down the Willamette Valley corridor. Find out more.

worm_square_0

OSU_icon_monitor_01_cropped

Professional & Continuing Education

Trainings, workshops and events always starting: See upcoming programs

Herbaceous pernnial plant with green leaves and small blue flowers

Herbaceous perennials course

Unlike annuals that must be replanted every spring, herbaceous perennials are easy to maintain. Our online course that starts June 20 will help you learn to grow your own perennials. Register today!

OSU_icon_oregon_01_cropped

Extension in your community

Want to connect with Extension on a local level? Find your local Extension office

With 2,293 volunteers across the state, the 45-year-old OSU Extension Master Gardener program served 38,000 Oregonians in 2021. Read about how they're working to increase diversity, equity and inclusion in the program. Find out more.

arch over a pathway in a lush green garden

We hope that you and your plants are thriving this month. Thanks from the teams at Professional and Continuing Education and OSU Extension!

Mountain2

Oregon State University, Professional and Continuing Education, 122 SW Waldo Place, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, United States, 541-737-4197

Unsubscribe Manage preferences