June garden calendar, growing veggies year round, managing wildlife in the garden and more!

1 view

Teresa Matteson

May 23, 2022, 6:43:42 PMMay 23
to Announce (bswcd-announce@googlegroups.com)

From: Rich Collins, Oregon State University <rich.c...@pace.oregonstate.edu>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2022 1:14 PM
To: Teresa Matteson <tmat...@bentonswcd.org>
Subject: June garden calendar, growing veggies year round, managing wildlife in the garden and more!

Check out our June garden calendar, learn how to deal with moles, voles, and gophers, manage wildlife in the garden, and more!

OSU_horizontal_2C_W_over_B

OSU Extension Service and
Professional & Continuing Education

Purple and yellow native flowers blooming

Hello

We know it's been a cold, wet spring for many Oregonians, but that doesn't mean we have to let the garden languish. Check out our June garden calendar to help write your to-do list this month.

We also have information about our upcoming webinar that will help you grow great vegetables year round, a news article on dealing with moles, voles, and gophers, and an Extension publication on managing wildlife that visit your home and garden.

master-gardener-black

Year-round veggies - 10-Minute university

Most gardeners are familiar with growing summer vegetables, but not many know how to keep up the production through fall, winter, and into next spring. Click here to register for our webinar that will show you how.

Moles, voles and gophers dig the garden

Spring brings buds and blooms, but it also brings moles, voles and gophers. The small mammals have gardeners waging war against the critters before they know what they’re fighting, which can lead to frustration. Find out what you can do.

Mole laying in the grass

OSU_icon_monitor_01_cropped

Professional & Continuing Education

Trainings, workshops and events always starting: See upcoming programs

Seedlings growing in a greenhouse

Controlled environment agriculture course

In this course, you will explore the possibility of controlled environment agriculture to create a high-intensity production environment. This program starts June 27. Find out more!

OSU_icon_oregon_01_cropped

Extension in your community

Want to connect with Extension on a local level? Find your local Extension office

Manage wildlife conflicts in your home and garden

Our homes and gardens often overlap with spaces used by wild animals. This can pose challenges when the animals' day-to-day activities come into conflict with ours. Here's how to handle wildlife problems safely and legally.

Deer standing in grassy yard with a house and car in the background

We hope you find some warm, sunny days to work in the garden this month. Thanks from the teams at Professional and Continuing Education and OSU Extension!

Mountain2

Oregon State University, Professional and Continuing Education, 122 SW Waldo Place, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, United States, 541-737-4197

Unsubscribe Manage preferences