New date - Farming for the Future: Native Seed Production Tour - Tuesday, May 10 at 1 PM

瀏覽次數:2 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Teresa Matteson

未讀,
2022年5月7日 中午12:52:202022/5/7
收件者:Announce (bswcd-announce@googlegroups.com)

Farming for the Future: Native Seed Production Tour

Join the Institute for Applied Ecology (IAE) and Benton Soil and Water Conservation District (BSWCD) to tour IAE's native plant farm with experts in propagating and producing native plants to provide restoration sites with pollinator and wildlife resources. We will gather Tuesday, May 10 at 1 pm at the Oregon State University Vegetable Farm plots dedicated to raising native plants. BSWCD and IAE staff will discuss techniques for native plant production and management, weed control, use of fire, companion planting, and lessons learned. Join us and learn from our community's native plant experts. Please dress appropriately for this outdoor event, including boots. Questions or to RSVP: mic...@appliedeco.org.

Directions to the Oregon State University Vegetable Farm:

****Google maps will take you to the wrong place. Use the following link or directions. ****
From Corvallis, head East on Hwy 34 over the Willamette River.
Take a left on Electric Rd.
Turn right at the Peach Place.
Continue on that dirt road until you reach a T. Turn left at the T.
Turn right at the first actual dirt road.
Our veg farm plots are up ahead on the right. You’ll know them by the 2-foot-tall black fabric wind fence towards the South side of the field.

On Mon, May 2, 2022 at 1:40 PM Teresa Matteson <tmat...@bentonswcd.org> wrote:

I have Tuesday, May 10 at 1 PM on my calendar for the IAE NP tour.

It will no longer be natural areas week, so we will revise the outreach blurb.

t.