Re: Example from 'Custom Player Controls' wont play on IE9.

Sikru Braheem

Feb 9, 2013, 12:39:14 AM2/9/13
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com

Hello Daniel,

Which of the player plugins is not working in IE? If you enable 'showLogger' on the player, you may get a clue to what is going on.

To tune up the Flash player, you may have to work on the source code for now. The controls are using some canvas drawings not image/css.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

Sikiru.

Daniel Piedra Quintero

Feb 12, 2013, 10:36:22 AM2/12/13
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sikiru, thanks a lot for replying and helping out.

Well i was trying out the example from custom player controls, so when i make a new instance my code looks like this:

//        try{
//            customPlayer = new ComsysCustomPlayer(mediaUrl, "50px", "100%");
//            customPlayer.showLogger(true);
//            customPlayer.setConfigParameter(ConfigParameter.TransparencyMode, TransparencyMode.TRANSPARENT);
//
//            inputFileNameLabel.setText(realFileName);
//            CustomPlayerPanel.setWidget(customPlayer);
//            operationsPanel.setVisible(true);
//        } catch (LoadException e) {
//            CustomPlayerPanel.setWidget(new HTML(nlsConstants.uploader_loading_exception()));
//        } catch (PluginVersionException e) {
//            CustomPlayerPanel.setWidget(new HTML(nlsConstants.uploader_plugin_version_exception()));
//        } catch (PluginNotFoundException e) {
//            CustomPlayerPanel.setWidget(PlayerUtil.getMissingPluginNotice(e.getPlugin()));
//        }

of course my custom player control class (ComsysCustomPlayer) extends CustomAudioPlayer just like in the example. It seems the timer raise and exception on IE because when uncommented i can still see the player controls but not play in IE!

Now i went with the dynamic player detection and i have just one minor concern for my project, that maybe you can help me with.

Regards,

Daniel.

El martes, 5 de febrero de 2013 12:18:33 UTC+1, Daniel Piedra Quintero escribió:
Hi everyone,

so basically i have the same example from 'Custom Player Controls' ( http://oss.bramosystems.com/bst-player/custom-player.html ) and it works very fine in every browser except from IE, my version is IE9 and i have not tried older versions yet.
When i click on the "Play" Button widget it does nothing on IE...i was wondering if anyone came across the same issue?

Also i would like to ask you guys what is the best way to tune up the images and css of the default flash player in BST.

Thanks,

Daniel.