VLCPlayer wrong size under linux

Yegor

Aug 26, 2011, 5:48:28 AM8/26/11
to bst-player
Hello.

I'm using Firefox VLC plugin to play video in my app under Ubuntu.
The problem is the size of the player doesn't fit well. It always
fixed and occupies small part of the window.
The same behaviour repeats on OpenSUSI..

In spite of this when I run vlc player plugin independently from my
app I get correct size, Futhermore, my app work perfect under Windows
So my question is anybody come across with the problem ? Is it bst-
player lib problem or not?

Thanks...

Yegor Fadeev

Aug 29, 2011, 4:53:14 PM8/29/11
to bst-player

Yegor Fadeev

Aug 30, 2011, 11:09:49 AM8/30/11
to bst-player

Yegor

Sep 1, 2011, 8:32:50 AM9/1/11
to bst-player
Can anyone help me with this problem?

Sikiru Braheem

Sep 2, 2011, 4:49:04 AM9/2/11
to bst-player
Hello,

Do you have the same experience with other players like Quicktime?

Does it work properly on other browsers like Chrome?

It works fine for me!

Regards.

Yegor Fadeev

Sep 5, 2011, 3:41:05 AM9/5/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
Yes, I repeat the same behaviour with Quicktime.
As far as Chrome, it either crashed or wasn't seeing 'libvlcplugin.so' library

I made the test case to show how it works.

Also I have deployed vlctest project on my test server.

http://195.138.64.241:9876/vlctest/

I checked the problem on Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, openSUSI 11.4.

Yegor..
vlctest.zip

Yegor

Sep 7, 2011, 3:14:54 AM9/7/11
to bst-player
I still need an answer.

Yegor

Sep 8, 2011, 3:18:59 AM9/8/11
to bst-player
Might I have to install some additional codecs ?

sbraheem

Sep 8, 2011, 2:44:27 AM9/8/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
You need no more codecs since you could get it to play.

While creating the player widget:
- use a fixed pixel size for height instead of % values.
- set player.resizeToVideoSize() to false/true

Hope that helps.

Might I have to install some additional codecs ?

Yegor

Sep 8, 2011, 4:26:39 AM9/8/11
to bst-player
Hello.
I changed code like this:

Widget widget = null;
try {

player = PlayerUtil.getPlayer(Plugin.VLCPlayer, "http://
195.138.64.241/films/action/bearYogy/interny_41.mpg", true, "480px",
"100%");
//player.setControllerVisible(false);
player.setResizeToVideoSize(false);
player.setResizeToVideoSize(true);

widget = player;
} catch (LoadException le) {
Unfortunatly, the problem hasn't dissapeared

Yegor

Sep 8, 2011, 4:30:50 AM9/8/11
to bst-player
I forgot to say, that resizing successful just for player controls

sbraheem

Sep 8, 2011, 5:53:03 AM9/8/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
What version of bst-player are you using?

What version of VLC player do you have installed?

Yegor Fadeev

Sep 8, 2011, 7:07:28 AM9/8/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
I'm using  bst-player from repository (http://bst-player.googlecode.com/svn/trunk)
Now I have VLC plugin version 1.1.11
Firefox version 3.6.22

sbraheem

Sep 8, 2011, 6:58:56 AM9/8/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
Did you have the same issue with bst-player 1.2.1?

Yegor Fadeev

Sep 8, 2011, 8:05:37 AM9/8/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I had.
I used to bst-player-1.2.1
But when I came across with my problem I built bst-player lib from sources.

sbraheem

Sep 8, 2011, 7:14:29 AM9/8/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
Just want to add:
Do you have same VLC version working on Windows?

Yegor Fadeev

Sep 8, 2011, 8:19:11 AM9/8/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
No, I don't
I have VLC plugin version 1.1.5 on Windows

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 2:14 PM, sbraheem <sbra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just want to add:
Do you have same VLC version working on Windows?

Yegor

Sep 8, 2011, 8:28:56 AM9/8/11
to bst-player
Now, I have upgraded VLC player up to version 1.1.11 on my Windows
computer and it still work perfect

On Sep 8, 3:19 pm, Yegor Fadeev <fadeev.ye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, I don't
> I have VLC plugin version 1.1.5 on Windows

sbraheem

Sep 8, 2011, 7:49:54 AM9/8/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
Can you confirm if the patch on Issue 39 works for you?

Yegor Fadeev

Sep 8, 2011, 10:14:13 AM9/8/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
The source code was slightly different from code in patch. (PlayerWidget was moved to spi package for example)
Nevertheless I tried to change source code but with no luck

I attached my changes .. It possibly I miss something

changes.txt

Yegor

Sep 9, 2011, 12:12:46 PM9/9/11
to bst-player
I solved my problem (Might isn't the best solution).
It need to change getVLCElement method in CorePlayerProvider class

//com.bramosystems.oss.player.core.client.impl.CorePlayerProvider.java

protected PlayerElement getVLCElement(String playerId, String
mediaURL, boolean autoplay) {
PlayerElement e = new PlayerElement(PlayerElement.Type.EmbedElement,
playerId, "application/x-vlc-plugin");
e.addParam("loop", "" + false);
e.addParam("target", mediaURL);
e.addParam("autoplay", "" + autoplay);
e.addParam("events", "true");
+ e.addParam("width", "800px");
+ e.addParam("height", "600px");
e.addParam("version", "VideoLAN.VLCPlugin.2");
return e;
}

Scott Selikoff

Sep 19, 2011, 5:38:56 PM9/19/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've been noticing an issue that the latest version of VLC Player is
crashing when used via the plugin on AVI files. I receive the following
message inside the plugin window "The VLC Multimedia plugin has
crashed. (Click here to) Send crash report".

Has anyone experienced similar issues with the VLC plugin lately? If
so, is there a known workaround? I'm using VLC 1.1.11.

Cheers,
-Scott

Scott Selikoff

Sep 19, 2011, 6:44:35 PM9/19/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
A few additional notes:

- The issue did not appear in 1.1.10 and only starts appearing in 1.1.11

- The default background (when autoplay is false) is grey starting in 1.1.11

- The error doesn't always appear but most often appears when switching
between views. For example, switching between tabs such that the video
player is no longer in view triggers VLC to crash, whereas previous it
would just stop the item from playing.

Scott Selikoff

Sep 19, 2011, 10:24:39 PM9/19/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
The nightly build of VLC 1.1.12 does not cause this issue, therefore it
is isolated to 1.1.11. Recommend using 1.1.10 until the official 1.1.12
is released.