Firefox + QuickTime .mov Files Not Playing

MikeB01

Jun 2, 2011, 2:14:16 AM6/2/11
to bst-player
FireFox 4.0.1
QuickTime Plugin 7.6.6

Plays on Safari but not in FF.

This code works in FF & Safari
<embed src="/MyMov.mov" type="video/quicktime" />

This works in Safari but not FF
player = PlayerUtil.getPlayer( Plugin.Auto,
"/MyMov.mov",
true, "500px",
"500px");

Plugin.FlashPlayer works both Safari & FF
Plugin.QuickTIme works Safari but not FF

I set breakpoints on debug events and load events. I only got one
event that said
using QuickTime Player..then nothing else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sikiru Braheem

Jun 3, 2011, 5:18:05 PM6/3/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
What if you specify an absolute URL for the .mov file

Robert Owens

Jun 4, 2011, 11:01:02 AM6/4/11
to bst-p...@googlegroups.com
I have been hit by same and appears Fire Fox 4.0.1 has problem with QuickTime. I am hoping they get it fixed soon since so many of my potential users use Firefox.
Good luck,

MikeB01

Jun 5, 2011, 4:10:37 PM6/5/11
to bst-player
Tried absolute URL and same result just a black box.

One thing that would help in the short term is to be able to specify
an order of precedence for the players when using Plugin.Auto
For me I would like to have the supported player chosen based on the
following order

1) HTML 5
2) Flash
3) any of the others.

Since Flash is installed as a plugin on many browsers it seems logical
to try that one before the others.

For now, I guess I will just do that programatically by trying to
create a Flash player first (Plugin.FlashPlayer).