Compile error on Ubuntu 16.04

Ryan Steele

Oct 12, 2016, 2:56:13 PM10/12/16
to BSON
Hi all,

Trying to compile bsontools on Ubuntu 16.04 using scons (I have as bson-cxx in a peer-level directory alongside bsontools). Several of the utilities compile without issue, but when it gets to compiling 'hex', the build fails with the following error:

g++ -o hex src/bsontools/hex.o
src/bsontools/hex.o: In function `_bson::Status _bson::parseNumberFromString<int>(_bson::StringData const&, int*)':
hex.cpp:(.text+0x55b): undefined reference to `_bson::Status _bson::parseNumberFromStringWithBase<int>(_bson::StringData const&, int, int*)'
scons: *** [hex] Error 1

 Am I missing a something, or just hitting a bug?

Thanks,
Ryan

D Merriman

Oct 25, 2016, 4:01:34 PM10/25/16
to BSON
i'll try to look into this more later tonight.

please check you have pulled /bsontools and /bson-cxx from the same point-in-time, if they are out of sync that might cause something like this.

Dwight Merriman

Nov 8, 2016, 4:02:14 PM11/8/16
to BSON
that exact command line works for me.  please let me know if the problem is still occuring.