{BSM R15 Club} Helmet Recommendation?

Anil Singhal

Apr 26, 2010, 5:24:06 AM4/26/10
to bsm-yamah...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Anyone has a good helmet recommendation ? Also, particular shop/area to buy in Hyderabad ( I guess, Koti is the place).

Thanks

--
Anil Singhal
CTO, Lucivid Software Systems Pvt. Ltd

Krishna Prasad K

Apr 26, 2010, 10:56:17 AM4/26/10
to bsm-yamah...@googlegroups.com
How much do you value your head?

err.. I mean, how much is the budget for your Helmet?

Choice in Hyderabad is very limited and more expensive compared to other cities.

Cheers
Krishna

i have bhp racing helmet its owsm....try tat

On Apr 26, 2:24 pm, Anil Singhal <air.sing...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Anyone has a good helmet recommendation ? Also, particular shop/area to buy
> in Hyderabad ( I guess, Koti is the place).
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Anil Singhal
> CTO, Lucivid Software Systems Pvt. Ltd
> Suhana Rockdale, Somajiguda
> Hyderabad 500072
> India
> Ph: 040-23390087http://www.lucivid.com

Anil Singhal

Apr 27, 2010, 1:21:04 AM4/27/10
to bsm-yamah...@googlegroups.com
I open to spend upto 5k (hoping that should be enough).

I saw a sport helmet at Pearl Yamaha (Hyd)) but that was too tight, will not work for everyday travel.

Whats the  bhp racing helmet, where can you get it?

Krishna Prasad K

Apr 29, 2010, 6:56:58 AM4/29/10
to bsm-yamah...@googlegroups.com
Hey Anil

Sorry, was kind of tied up with other work and couldn't get back to you quickly. 5K is good enough. But, as said earlier, Hyd has very less choice.

BHP Racing are not available any more. Even if you get one it would be old stock as in over 2-3 years old and spares is not very easy.

There's a new one - Studds Scorpion. Even I am awaiting stock with the dealer to try it out. True international style helmet.

You can try some good helmets at Racing Accessories Store in Minister Road. In Somajiguda there's Vega Helmet Shop beside old Venkatesha Motors Showroom (Yamaha and now TVS Showroom). Ask him for Vega Imported models. Above two places, if you find a helmet, liked it, just get the price and come back. Call me. I'll arrange for some discount better than a direct bargain.

Then there are shops in Abids area. From Abids GPO to Bank Street (Koti), the left side one way road in front of Big Bazaar, if you go about 200 meters, on the left you have a complex with Vishal super market on one half and another half has some 7 helmet shops. Don't even go into the 1st floor corner shop. Cellar center shop has a good range of Vega Imported and LS2. A little pricey but good stuff and still in your budget - Ask for Junaid before you bargain - just know him but no rapport to get discounts. Straight bargain here.

The Studds dealer is in RamKote Jagruti College Lane. Even I & my brother is due a new Helmet and we're looking out for a good deal.

If you have someone coming from the US, you can get better stuff at decent prices (still in your budget). If you want to know about that, pls let me know.

Krishna

Sent: Tue, 27 April, 2010 10:51:04 AM
Subject: Re: {BSM R15 Club} Helmet Recommendation?