Trails Council Hike/Ride BBQ

Otis Calef

Mar 31, 2011, 5:24:32 PM3/31/11
to Dana Fisher, Doug Morgan, Jim Haslem, John Tynan, Telford Work, Stefan Landfried, Phil Hogan, bsatr...@googlegroups.com, Ray Ford
Dear Scouts and Friends,

As many of you know, I wear another hat which is similar to that of
Scoutmaster--I am president of the Santa Barbara County Trails Council. We
try to preserve access to trails, improve existing ones, and, most exciting,
secure new trails. We are currently developing a couple of brand new trails
on the Gaviota Coast. To celebrate that, we are holding our annual hike,
ride, and BBQ at the El Capitan Ranch on Sunday, April 10. There will be
guided horse rides, bike rides, and hikes starting at 10:00 o'clock, with a
BBQ and music at 2:00. The cost is $20 per individual and $40 per family.
Attached below is a flier and form for tickets. For complete information
and on-line tickets, please visit our web site at sbtrails.org.

Come on out for this unique chance to walk the Bill Wallace Trail. We have
been given significant grant money to finally, after ten years, get this
trail open to the public. If you plan to ride a horse, please let me know
so I can give you special instructions. If you are not now a member of
Trails Council, please consider joining--(sbtrails.org.) If it were not for
groups like Trails Council, which tirelessly plug away, year after year, at
these projects, like the Bill Wallace Trail, they would rarely ever be
finished and open to the public. And here on the Gaviota coast we have the
opportunity to open two! Very exciting!

Yours, In Scouting,

Otis

2011postcard.jpg