Brython-3.10.0 released

Pierre Quentel

Oct 5, 2021, 3:36:27 AM10/5/21
to brython

Hello,

I have released Brython 3.10.0, one day after Python 3.10.0.

It implements most of its features, including Pattern Matching (match/case).

Among the missing features is suggestion in case of NameError or AttributeError ("did you mean ... ?"), it will be included shortly.

I have also started implementing Python's Abstract Syntax Tree (AST), with the goal of implementing a Python-compliant ast module, and if possible generate Javascript code from this AST instead of the current, Brython-specific syntax tree.

Thanks to all contributors !
Pierre

goffi

Oct 6, 2021, 3:37:57 AM10/6/21
to bry...@googlegroups.com
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/brython/4043907f-7b92-4ca0-8eda-7388f37706afn%40googlegroups.com
> [1].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/brython/4043907f-7b92-4ca0-8eda-7388f37706afn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

Thanks a lot for the great and continuous work Pierre. It's difficult to
keep running such a big project for years, and you do it really well,
and answer to/solve issues reported very quickly.
It's really much appreciated, and also good sign for people who wish to
adopt Brython (I've myself followed the development for years before
switching to it).

As a side question, is there currently other contributors who could take
over if one day you decide to stop it for whatever reason?
I have the feeling the Brython adoption is growing steadily, so I'm not
too worried about it.

Thanks and keep up the good work
Goffi

Olof Paulson

Oct 12, 2021, 8:16:29 AM10/12/21
to brython
Awesome Pierre.
Well done!

I have a plan to do a tutorial on Structural Pattern Matching...soon-ish...
The optimal use-cases I think are somewhat above my level..
most of the standard ’switch’ usecases can equally be solved by if/ elif/elses...and I woudl like to say something meaningful...need to consider how to frame/exemplify it ;-)

Again...
it wouldn’t happen at all if it wasn’t for Brython! <3

thank you!