Brython meets Pixi.js (also on mobile)

Dirk Krause

Aug 29, 2014, 2:34:25 PM8/29/14
to bry...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been playing around with the very fast pixi.js library lately, so here's a minimal example in Brython:

Kudos to Kiko, because his examples helped me a LOT.

I included a QRcode to make it easy to test this on mobile devices -  t runs very fast on iOS and Android on my devices.

Best,
  Dirk

Disclaimer: I see the value of Brython in the ability to make JS and Python work together and less in the option of replacing JS.

Kiko

Aug 31, 2014, 4:33:42 AM8/31/14
to bry...@googlegroups.com
cool example!!!

Maybe this very simple and limited library is interesting for you:
https://bitbucket.org/kikocorreoso/brython-bryplot

You can do similar things to what you do in your example. Have a look
to the notebook in the repo (download the repo and start the notebook
in the repo's folder).

> Hi,
>
> I've been playing around with the very fast pixi.js library
> <http://www.pixijs.com/> lately, so here's a minimal example in Brython:
> http://jsfiddle.net/dirkk0/s7butdL1/show/
> (code: http://jsfiddle.net/dirkk0/s7butdL1/)
>
> Kudos to Kiko, because his examples helped me a LOT.
>
> I included a QRcode to make it easy to test this on mobile devices - t
> runs very fast on iOS and Android on my devices.
>
> Best,
> Dirk
>
> Disclaimer: I see the value of Brython in the ability to make JS and Python
>
> work together and less in the option of replacing JS.

Dirk Krause

Sep 2, 2014, 11:42:47 AM9/2/14
to bry...@googlegroups.com
@bryplot nice, thanks!  I intend to go more into a gaming direction but it's good to know that a pure  Brython plotting lib exists.