brip - Brython's pip

Ray Luo

Jul 30, 2021, 4:49:05 AM7/30/21
to brython
Hi Brython community,

Perhaps you would be interested in reading the headline above. Yes, brip stands for Brython's pip! It brings the Python packages ecosystem and the pip-like workflow to Brython-powered projects.

I've been experimenting this project for a while. Now it reaches a milestone.
Please refer to its README on PyPI https://pypi.org/project/brip/
And take a look into its sample project, Easter https://github.com/rayluo/easter

Lastly, I want to say, brip technically meets my original design goal. And now it also helps to reveal that some PyPI packages work well in Brython, some do not (due to various reasons mentioned in brip's README's last section). We as a community can collectively improve this by producing more and more Brython-oriented packages.

Regards,
Ray Luo
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ray Luo

Oct 22, 2023, 12:52:32 AM10/22/23
to brython
Can't believe it has been 2+ years since I released brip. Recently I start working on Brython-relevant projects again, and noticed that the old brip did not work with Brython 3.10.6+ when running with Python<=3.9. Now I fixed it and released the brip 0.3.0 and shipped to PyPI. Enjoy!

Regards,
Ray Luo

Goffi

Nov 5, 2023, 1:44:40 AM11/5/23
to bry...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

that's really nice, thanks for this. I find myself using a few important `npm`
packages, and in my project I'm using `yarn` to install them.

Do you think that it would make sense to add npm support to your project, or
it would be out of scope? It would be really cool to install seamlessly python
of javascript dependencies.

Regards,
Goffi