Piedmont-Smith Constituent Meeting August 12th

Isabel Piedmont-Smith

Aug 10, 2023, 10:46:59 AM8/10/23
to Herald Times, WFHB News, i...@indiana.edu, Joe Hren, sara...@indiana.edu, Dave Askins, Ladwig, Boris, Bryan Park Neighborhood Association
PRESS RELEASE
Bloomington City Council Member Isabel Piedmont-Smith, who represents District 5, announces her monthly constituent meeting for August will take place this Saturday, August 12, 11:00 am to 12:00 noon online via Zoom and in person in City Hall room 135. Piedmont-Smith welcomes all Bloomington residents, but particularly those who live in District 5, to participate. She will discuss what the city council has accomplished in the last month, as well as upcoming issues like the 2024 budget, billboards, and greenhouse gas emissions within the city. She will also leave time for residents to bring forward their own city issues for discussion.

To participate remotely in Council Member Piedmont-Smith's monthly constituent meeting, click https://tinyurl.com/5f97x92j. Her meetings are generally on the second Saturday of each month. Piedmont-Smith has hosted monthly constituent meetings since her first term in office in 2008. A full list of meetings is available on her City Council web page: https://bloomington.in.gov/council/district-5, where you can also find the Zoom link.

--
Isabel Piedmont-Smith (she/her/hers)
City Council Member - District 5

Isabel Piedmont-Smith

Sep 14, 2023, 10:44:19 AM9/14/23
to Herald Times, WFHB News, i...@indiana.edu, Joe Hren, sara...@indiana.edu, Dave Askins, Ladwig, Boris, Bryan Park Neighborhood Association
PRESS RELEASE
Bloomington City Council Member Isabel Piedmont-Smith, who represents District 5, announces her monthly constituent meeting for September will take place this Saturday, September 16, 11:00 am to 12:00 noon in person in City Hall room 135 and online via Zoom. Piedmont-Smith welcomes all Bloomington residents, but particularly those who live in District 5, to participate. Her special guest this month will be Beth Rosenbarger, Assistant Director of the Planning & Transportation Department, who will provide updates on major public and private development projects in the pipeline such as the Sudbury Planned Unit Development and the College/Walnut corridor study.

To participate remotely in Council Member Piedmont-Smith's constituent meeting, residents should register at this link: https://tinyurl.com/5f97x92j. Her meetings are generally on the second Saturday of each month. Piedmont-Smith has hosted monthly constituent meetings since her first term in office in 2008. A full list of meetings is available on her City Council web page: https://bloomington.in.gov/council/district-5, where you can also find the appropriate web link to participate via Zoom.

Isabel Piedmont-Smith

Mar 6, 2024, 4:08:06 PMMar 6
to Herald Times, WFHB News, i...@indiana.edu, Joe Hren, sara...@indiana.edu, Dave Askins, Ladwig, Boris, Bryan Park Neighborhood Association, mcdoel...@gmail.com, broadviewn...@gmail.com
PRESS RELEASE
Bloomington City Council Member Isabel Piedmont-Smith, who represents District 1, announces her monthly constituent meeting for March will take place this Saturday, March 9, 11:00 am to 12:00 noon online via Zoom. Piedmont-Smith welcomes all Bloomington residents, but particularly those who live in District 1, to participate. Topics of discussion will include local historic designation for Lower Cascades Park and 615 N. Lincoln St., a possible City Council resolution regarding the conflict in Gaza, and safety on our streets, sidewalks and bike lanes as part of the city's Safe Streets for All project.

Piedmont-Smith has hosted monthly constituent meetings since her first term in office in 2008. A full list of meetings is available on her City Council web page: https://bloomington.in.gov/council/district-1, where you can also find the appropriate web link to participate via Zoom.

--
Isabel Piedmont-Smith (she/her/hers)
President, Bloomington City Council

Isabel Piedmont-Smith

Apr 11, 2024, 3:36:55 PMApr 11
to Herald Times, WFHB News, i...@indiana.edu, Joe Hren, sara...@indiana.edu, Dave Askins, Ladwig, Boris, Bryan Park Neighborhood Association, mcdoel...@gmail.com, broadviewn...@gmail.com
PRESS RELEASE
Bloomington City Council Member Isabel Piedmont-Smith, who represents District 1, announces her monthly constituent meeting for April will take place this Saturday, April 13, 11:00 am to 12:00 noon online via Zoom. Piedmont-Smith welcomes all Bloomington residents, but particularly those who live in District 1, to participate. Topics of discussion will include new ways to handle public comment during city council meetings.

Piedmont-Smith has hosted monthly constituent meetings since her first term in office in 2008. A full list of meeting times is available on her City Council web page: https://bloomington.in.gov/council/district-1, where you can also find the appropriate web link to participate via Zoom.

Isabel Piedmont-Smith

May 9, 2024, 7:38:04 PMMay 9
to Herald Times, WFHB News, i...@indiana.edu, Joe Hren, sara...@indiana.edu, Dave Askins, Ladwig, Boris, Johnson, Carson Michael, Oliver, Olivia G, mhil...@iu.edu, Bryan Park Neighborhood Association, mcdoel...@gmail.com, broadviewn...@gmail.com
PRESS RELEASE
Bloomington City Council Member Isabel Piedmont-Smith, who represents District 1, announces her monthly constituent meeting for May will take place this Saturday, May 11, 11:00 am to 12:00 noon online via Zoom. Piedmont-Smith welcomes all Bloomington residents, but particularly those who live in District 1, to participate. Topics of discussion will include stop sign and parking changes, budget priorities, and the Summit District development.

Piedmont-Smith has hosted monthly constituent meetings since her first term in office in 2008. A full list of meeting times is available on her City Council web page: https://bloomington.in.gov/council/district-1, where you can also find the appropriate web link to participate via Zoom.

Nagle, Betty Rose

May 11, 2024, 7:10:48 AMMay 11
to Isabel Piedmont-Smith, Herald Times, WFHB News, IDS, Hren, Joseph E, Wittmeyer, Sara, Dave Askins, Ladwig, Boris, Johnson, Carson Michael, Oliver, Olivia G, Hilkowitz, Mia C, Bryan Park Neighborhood Association, mcdoel...@gmail.com, broadviewn...@gmail.com
Good Morning to you all!

I can't attend the meeting this morning but i do want to say that I agree with Kate Rosenbarger about the ConCen.  A lot of us do NOT want an expansion.  I would be delighted if the tax collected so far were better spent.

Whatever tax is levied or increased by elected leaders, we citizens have to pay it.  That does not mean we approve of the intended purpose.

With best wishes,
Betty Rose (Nagle)

May 11, 2024, 8:42:54 AMMay 11
to na...@indiana.edu, Bryan Park Neighborhood Association, Dave Askins, Herald Times, Hilkowitz, Mia C, Hren, Joseph E, IDS, Isabel Piedmont-Smith, Johnson, Carson Michael, Ladwig, Boris, Oliver, Olivia G, WFHB News, Wittmeyer, Sara, broadviewn...@gmail.com, mcdoel...@gmail.com
If I may offer an opposing view, those of us who work in conference-adjacent industries such as entertainment would very much like to see an expanded convention center. Bigger conferences coming to Bloomington means more work for us. Bigger conferences coming to Bloomington means more money generated for local businesses.
Thanks,

Nagle, Betty Rose

May 12, 2024, 12:58:54 PMMay 12
to Ron Kadish, Bryan Park Neighborhood Association, Dave Askins, Herald Times, Hilkowitz, Mia C, Hren, Joseph E, IDS, Isabel Piedmont-Smith, Johnson, Carson Michael, Ladwig, Boris, Oliver, Olivia G, WFHB News, Wittmeyer, Sara, broadviewn...@gmail.com, mcdoel...@gmail.com
Hi  Ron!

Thanks again for sharing your opinion.  Do you typically play a lot of gigs at the ConCen?

I like the idea of a Civic Center, and most of the events I've attended at the ConCen have been by and for locals, e g., MCUM Spring Luncheon and the Humane Association Tails on the Town. This year Tails is at the Woolery Mill,  maybe by choice. That seems increasingly to be a venue for local events.

Cheers!
Betty Rose

May 13, 2024, 10:40:17 AMMay 13
to Nagle, Betty Rose, Bryan Park Neighborhood Association, Dave Askins, Herald Times, Hilkowitz, Mia C, Hren, Joseph E, IDS, Isabel Piedmont-Smith, Johnson, Carson Michael, Ladwig, Boris, Oliver, Olivia G, WFHB News, Wittmeyer, Sara, broadviewn...@gmail.com, mcdoel...@gmail.com
Hi Betty Rose! Thanks for writing back, and for listening to my opinion.

Yes, I’ve played at the Convention Center many times for many different events, including conferences. And as you have observed, I’ve also been playing an increasing amount at Woolery Mill.

 The convention center and Woolery Mill have similar setups, in terms of large rooms that can be partitioned off, smaller breakout rooms on separate levels, etc. I think the one place where Woolery Mill has the CC beat is in the availability of outside space for events.  I don’t know if plans for a CC expansion include making an outside space, but I hope they do as it is very popular option for people.

Thanks again!

Cheers!