Resource for Health Insurance Sought

Angela Lexmond

Jun 24, 2024, 12:59:23 PMJun 24
to Bryan Park Neighborhood
Is anyone aware of a local service in Monroe or a neighboring county that helps employed but uninsured persons navigate the ACA (Affordable Care Act) market place so they can identify the most appropriate choice for their situation and just make it through the process if they have minimal online savvy and feel intimidated?

Your suggestions would be most welcome!

Thanks,

Angela

Julie Duhon

Jun 24, 2024, 1:08:19 PMJun 24
to lexm...@gmail.com, Bryan Park Neighborhood

There are several Medicaid Navigator Programs.  Covering Kids and Families is run out of SCCAP. Aspin Health Center is another.  While these programs are focused on helping people enroll (at no cost) in Medicaid, I believe they would also help with the marketplace in general.  If no small children are involved, I would have them start with Aspin Health Center.

Here’s one contact:

Sara Lewis

http://www.aspin.org/images/logos/aspinlogo-1.jpg| Health Navigator Program Coordinator

(877) 313-7215 (office) | (317) 719-6447 (cell)

550 Congressional Blvd.|Suite 120 |Carmel, IN 46032

www.aspinhealthnavigator.org

Julie

BPNA Google Group rules/etiquette:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PrTg8sFWCfwdvXWW7tA8qPxQkm0dgfxy/view?usp=sharing
To suggest a topic, contact:
List manager, bryan...@gmail.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bryan Park Neighborhood Association" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bryanpark/CAGWsVn7g4HE86_19_FwFpCzYFr489-bc1WXSkzEYTH3c%2BQ2haA%40mail.gmail.com.

Corrine Boncek

Jun 24, 2024, 1:56:04 PMJun 24
to duhon...@gmail.com, Bryan Park Neighborhood, lexm...@gmail.com
Another option is…

IU Health has a department (free) that helps with Medicaid, Medicare and other insurance:

Call Individual Solutions at (812)353-2020

Corrine

Tracey Hutchings-Goetz

Jun 24, 2024, 2:54:03 PMJun 24
to cbon...@gmail.com, duhon...@gmail.com, Bryan Park Neighborhood, lexm...@gmail.com
All of these resources are excellent, and highly recommend SCAAP!

You can find a full list of healthcare navigators in-state here: https://in.accessgov.com/idoi/Forms/Page/idoi/find-a-navigator/

They are technically Indy based, but I recently met Matthew Kubal from Mercer Insurance Services and he was great--he specializes more in Marketplace than Medicaid, which is more of SCAPPs area.

Want to also note that for individuals above 65, the State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) is an excellent free service for helping to navigate Medicare enrollment.

Laurie Eynon

Jun 24, 2024, 5:03:49 PMJun 24
to lexm...@gmail.com, Bryan Park Neighborhood
I highly recommend the volunteer insurance navigators.  They have been trained by the state & are not selling any product.  They can be reached through IU Health Community Health Rebecca Nunley (812) 353-9300 is the volunteer coordinator for this program. They were very helpful when I initially  enrolled in Medicare.    I believe they are trained for ACA marketplace as well.

If they can’t help you Rebecca should be able to connect you with the right people. Laurie

Laurie Eynon
Vendor Chair
BQG 2024 Quilt Show

On Jun 24, 2024, at 12:59 PM, Angela Lexmond <lexm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Angela Lexmond

Jun 25, 2024, 11:31:44 AMJun 25
to Bryan Park Neighborhood Association
Thank you, neighbors, for so many responses and resources that point me in a helpful direction! I will do a bit of exploring so I can provide the right resources to my acquaintance without overwhelming him. You people are simply the bomb!  Angela