Fwd: Missing Cat: Stella

Chelsea and Andy

May 18, 2024, 6:46:02 PMMay 18
to brya...@googlegroups.com, bryan...@gmail.com
Hi neighbors, please see the attached message about a lost cat from another neighbor who isn’t on the list serv.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Abby Schwartz
Subject: Missing Cat: Stella

Hello everyone, my name is Abby Schwartz I am from Denver Colorado and just graduated from Indiana university. I just lost my cat around 3 hours ago. She was last seen near my house, 115 E Dixie St. Her name is Stella, she is 1.5 years and is a black, white, and orange calico with green eyes. She has an IU collar, but however doesn’t have a tag. She is originally from the streets so she knows her way around and is sneaky. She typically won’t let anyone catch her, she hides under cars the majority of the time and sometimes bushes. I was about to head on my way to Colorado when she escaped and has been lost since. Please help me find her and bring her home. Here is a reference photo of her and my number to contact me if you have any information or questions. 720-854-8851
IMG_4207.jpeg

Lee Mysliwiec

May 18, 2024, 7:17:28 PMMay 18
to blancha...@gmail.com, brya...@googlegroups.com, bryan...@gmail.com
Something we learned  a few years ago... A cat, especially a normally indoor cat, can get confused and Lost literally in its own backyard. It may not recognize the OUTSIDE of the house since it was always inside.... If that happens it may hide out or wander just a little.. My stepdaughter's house cat did just that and they discovered it a few months later just about 200 feet from their house. They found it emaciated and frightened.... and  SO.. DON"T give up.. put out food and look, look, look.  Just my advice..

BPNA Google Group rules/etiquette:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PrTg8sFWCfwdvXWW7tA8qPxQkm0dgfxy/view?usp=sharing
To suggest a topic, contact:
List manager, bryan...@gmail.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bryan Park Neighborhood Association" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bryanpark/EA42F2F6-411D-4672-BBC9-351A4608339A%40gmail.com.

Cory Gearhart

May 20, 2024, 9:58:16 AMMay 20
to Bryan Park Neighborhood Association
This advice is often paired with the suggestion to put something familiar smelling (their cat box is a common suggest) for them to track home via.

I'll be keeping an eye out.

Cory

Laura Hagen

May 20, 2024, 11:42:07 AMMay 20
to cory.g...@gmail.com, Bryan Park Neighborhood Association
I spoke with Abby, the Colorado cat owner, two days ago.

Her kitty, Stella, came home and they are both on the way home to CO.

I had recommended to her to place small handfuls of kitty’s (used) kitty litter strategically around her yard and in the nearby neighborhood.

Years ago, this strategy brought home our lost kitty, missing for two weeks. We found her one night, scared & skinny, hunkered down in the backyard and hoarsely meowing by a small pile of her old kitty litter.

Home!

She lived for 22 more years, we were truly blessed.

It works!
Laura

On May 20, 2024, at 9:58 AM, Cory Gearhart <cory.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

This advice is often paired with the suggestion to put something familiar smelling (their cat box is a common suggest) for them to track home via.

Mark Otvos

May 21, 2024, 11:04:48 AMMay 21
to laur...@icloud.com, cory.g...@gmail.com, Bryan Park Neighborhood Association
Good to know and thanks for letting us know her cat was found.

IMG_4207.jpeg
IMG_4207.jpeg