This month's meeting

Paul Johnson

Apr 2, 2012, 5:33:54 PM4/2/12
to brw...@googlegroups.com
So, this month, the near entirety of the user groups are moving to the LA Tech Park location.  What are your thoughts on this?  As a matter of convenience, it would be nice to have us join with them, if not in a trial run phase with the new locale.  The are said to have some pretty good facilities for us including hardware (i'm not absolutely certain we woudl be able to use the pcs, but I will check).

A couple of folks have noted that the Sparkhound location is very agreeable to them due to the distance they need to travel vs the distance to Florida @ Lobdell or LSU.

Are you willing to attempt a joint meeting with the rest of the groups?  Or do you like things the way they are?

I'm even open to splitting the meetings between presentations and code garage.  I love the code garage, but it might also be instructive for us to have some speakers come in and speak to large groups.

Your thoughts?

Lancelot Dunnehoo

Apr 4, 2012, 11:16:59 AM4/4/12
to Baton Rouge Windows Phone User Group
I'm great with meeting at the Tech Park, for purely selfish reasons
having to do with its location.

I don't like the idea of having the group run concurrently with
the .NET group. I enjoy attending both, and that would end that. I
would vote for either keeping the group where it is or having it at
the Tech Park on a different day than the .NET group.

As far as presentations vs. garage, my vote is a split between both.