Looking for a statistics using R teacher

Vincent Bonhomme

Feb 17, 2012, 8:08:08 AM2/17/12
to bru...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

First of all, as an R addict and an India lover, I'm really happy to see that an R group exists in Bangalore !!

I'm a post-doc fellow in the Ecology lab at the French Institute of Pondicherry where we are wondering about the opportunity to find somebody for a (1:4) x 1 week session of statistics formation (let's say from the very basics to GLM) combined with R introduction. Typically the format of Crawley's R Book would be perfect ! Naturally, we will fund that and provide all facilities if we find the right person ;)

Do you guys have an idea where to find this absolute gem? Maybe in the Bangalore's RUG itself? Elsewhere?
Feel free to contact me if you are interested and of course, spread the world more specifically or to others mail-lists that I may not know.

Thanks a lot for your help!
All the best,

V.

--
Department of Ecology
French Institute of Pondicherry, India

vinit....@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2012, 2:16:36 AM2/18/12
to bru...@googlegroups.com
Vincent, great to connect with you, Puducherry, and France. What a BRU! :-)

Ecology ... I'm see its relevance in:
- disappearing rats from paddy fields of Godavari districts.
- unlocking the flow of wealth in tangled roots of real estate at Vajrahally region.

Srini, are you listening to this ... Udupi style? :-)

Regards,
Vinit at Bengaluru
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Vincent Bonhomme <vincent....@ifpindia.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:38:08 +0530
Subject: Looking for a statistics using R teacher

vinay hasyagar

Feb 21, 2012, 4:12:22 AM2/21/12
to Bangalore R Users - BRU
21st Feb, 2012,
Dear Vincent,
I hope you found some one to for a statistics and R session.
If not you can contact me.
we will see how we can manage this.
vinay

On Feb 18, 12:16 pm, vinit.kaus...@gmail.com wrote:
> Vincent, great to connect with you, Puducherry, and France. What a BRU! :-)
>
> Ecology ... I'm see its relevance in:
> - disappearing rats from paddy fields of Godavari districts.
> - unlocking the flow of wealth in tangled roots of real estate at Vajrahally region.
>
> Srini, are you listening to this ... Udupi style? :-)
>
> Regards,
> Vinit at Bengaluru
>
> Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

Srikant Ravirala

Feb 27, 2012, 2:54:11 PM2/27/12
to bru...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vincent,

Great to know that you folks are interested in using 'R' as a tool to aid your understanding of your courses.

Just checking to know if you've found statistics teacher who understands 'R' for temp basis or if vinit has directed someone to you.

Let us know, if you are still searching for one. BRUG is more than happy to help.

Best regards,
Srikant Ravirala
IIT Madras.

Vincent Bonhomme

Feb 27, 2012, 3:27:01 AM2/27/12
to bru...@googlegroups.com
Hi Winay,
Thansk for your answer !
We did not found someone,
Would you be interested ? What are your conditions ?
All the best,
V.

vinay hasyagar

Feb 28, 2012, 5:22:21 AM2/28/12
to bru...@googlegroups.com
I stay in Bangalore. I wanted to help if none comes forward.
I have 2 months experience in R programming.
I am MSc(statistics), more then 24 years in software development.
One problem is that I do not find much time.
Luckily you have one person ready to help you namely Srikant Ravirala.
Luckily he is nearer to you.
And he says BRUG is more than happy to help you.
with regards
vinay