DB connection in quantmod

Ashy

Feb 3, 2012, 2:48:53 AM2/3/12
to Bangalore R Users - BRU
Hi All,

Currently I am using R 2.14.0 version in which RMySQL package is
available to establish connection with MySql database. I want to use
'quantmod' package which is use for stock charts. Could anyone tell
how to establish connection to MySQL DB in quantmod package? I have
tried but got the following error-

Quantmod / xts problem " Error in `[.xts`(x, xsubset) : subscript out
of bounds"

vinit....@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2012, 3:53:30 AM2/18/12
to bru...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashy.

Haven't used quantmod-MySql, but consider RMySQL to access db, and once data is within (dframe in) R, use quantmod pkg.

Regards,
Vinit

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

Aswathy Nair

Feb 19, 2012, 10:53:15 AM2/19/12
to bru...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have explored quantmod package but it takes symbols from yahoo or google. Is there any way to access symbols which are stored in Mysql DB using quantmod package?

Regards,
Ashy

vinit....@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2012, 11:17:29 PM2/19/12
to bru...@googlegroups.com
Ashy, using R, we've created a trading-strategy simulator and live-order generator that fetches options data (NSE) over www, stores into MySQL db, then access inside R, computes greeks, ...

Regards,
Vinit
Vividata Knowledge Consulting Pvt Ltd
www.vividata.co.in

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Aswathy Nair <a.na...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 21:23:15 +0530
Subject: Re: DB connection in quantmod

Aswathy Nair

Feb 20, 2012, 2:01:18 AM2/20/12
to bru...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Could you pls tell version of R & MySQL which you are using? Is there any documentation available to work with MySQL DB in quantmod package?

Regards,
Ashy

vinit....@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2012, 2:46:52 AM2/27/12
to bru...@googlegroups.com
- R2.8 on fc8 and R2.12 on Win Vista.
- I suspect the dbms and quantmod are quite distinct. Try www search with your 2 keywords.

From: Aswathy Nair <a.na...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:31:18 +0530