Error Starting bruce3.1

George Wright

Dec 25, 2008, 5:46:25 PM12/25/08
to bruce-users
Gidday
New to this list.
Installed cocos2d and bruce3.1 but I get a "no attribute
'ScrollableLayoutPage' " error

geomacbk:bruce-3.1 georgewr$ bruce /Users/georgewr/bruce-3.1/examples/
example.rst
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/bruce", line 3, in <module>
from bruce import run
File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/bruce/run.py", line 10, in
<module>
from bruce import rst_parser
File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/bruce/rst_parser.py", line
14, in <module>
from bruce import interpreter, video, plugin
File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/bruce/interpreter.py", line
2, in <module>
import code
File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/bruce/code.py", line 11, in
<module>
class CodePage(page.ScrollableLayoutPage):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
'ScrollableLayoutPage'

_______________

I get the same ScrollableLayoutPage error if I do
$ bruce -h

______________

I can do
>> import bruce
but
>> from bruce import plugin
produces the same ScrollableLayoutPage error
______
Any suggestions.
George

Richard Jones

Dec 25, 2008, 8:50:56 PM12/25/08
to bruce...@googlegroups.com
Please remove any existing installation of Bruce before installing 3.x

Richard

Richard Jones

Dec 25, 2008, 9:37:23 PM12/25/08
to George Wright, bruce...@googlegroups.com
[cc'ed to bruce-users]

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008, George Wright wrote:

> On 26/12/2008, at 11:48 AM, Richard Jones wrote:
> > Please remove any existing installation of Bruce before installing 3.x
>

> OK Richard - I saw that instruction and thought I had followed it!
> Boy you really meant remove every trace! - including the current non-
> working version 3 AND the
> usr/local/bin/bruce AND the infos and eggs etc etc . Of course it is
> hard to know if everything is gone until it does work. How else can
> you know? And if the new setup.py install doesn't produce a working
> installation you have to do it all again and find some more things to
> remove!

Yeah, I know, it's a mess, sorry.

I'm considering making the next release be an "application" release rather
than a distutils installation. That would mean:

1. No end-user setup.py tomfoolery,
2. No additional installation steps for the end user as I'll bundle
everything, but
3. I'm not sure how to achieve this sensibly on Linux yet.

I'll look at putting in some uninstall instructions in the next release too.

Richard

ps. initial cut of Bruce Style Sheets is done. Need to think of some way to
allow people to share stylesheets though.