Inserting blank slides

Drew Raines

Jul 22, 2008, 10:55:44 AM7/22/08
to bruce-users
I need to have blank slides in a presentation, and cannot figure out
what ReST will accomplish this. Consecutive horizontal rules are
simply ignored. Is this possible?

Thanks!

-Drew

Richard Jones

Jul 22, 2008, 7:57:23 PM7/22/08
to bruce...@googlegroups.com

ReST really doesn't like there being no content between transitions. It might
be possible to alter this behaviour, but I don't like my chances (and I'm not
sure what other side-effects the change might have). If anyone would like to
look into it I won't stop 'em :)

It's possible to add some invisible content in the page. Two options come to
mind:

- a transparent, 1-pixel PNG image (or any other image with the same color
as the background)
- style change to set the font color to the background color (or transparent)
and some text

I guess if there's call for it there could be a "blank" directive added to
Bruce to avoid the above, but I guess I'd like to avoid that...

Richard

Richard Jones

Jul 29, 2008, 12:16:10 AM7/29/08
to bruce-users
Sorry for the long delay; I've added a "blank" directive to allow
blank pages without docutils complaining and avoid hacks.

Richard