Theme broken in Microsoft Edge 116 and 117

dftf

Sep 25, 2023, 3:09:52 PM9/25/23
to Browservery Support
Hi Lofty

Since the Edge 116 update (and still happening as-of Edge 117.0.2045.43) your theme that I used to use now shows the "active-tab highlight" below all of the tabs:

EdgeThemeIssue.png

I see from your Facebook post this started after a change in Chromium 116, and so it will be affecting all Chromium-based browsers (e.g. Chrome, Edge, Brave, Opera, Vivaldi).

If Google are not willing to fix this, and consider the changes to how the themes work to be "as designed, won't fix", is there any-chance you can update your themes please?

Alternatively, is it possible for us to somehow "hack" your theme by going into the folder where the extension gets installed to and editing a file?  I'm willing to try if you could advise what I'd need to change?

Thanks
Stuart

Browservery Support

Sep 27, 2023, 1:35:53 AM9/27/23
to Browservery Support
I tested my themes in Edge 119 and they behave differently than in Chrome 119. The one you're using will start working as expected in Edge 119, you can wait or install Edge Canary. The other ones though are broken in other way...

Mark K

Nov 27, 2023, 3:14:19 AM11/27/23
to Browservery Support
it thw same in:
Microsoft EdgeVersion 119.0.2151.72 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit)
Thx
Mark