User Agent Missing?

consiliens

Jul 30, 2011, 2:06:34 AM7/30/11
to Browserscope
How do I get the full UserAgent string [1] from Browserscope? When I
download CSV data, it says "useragent" however it's just the browser
version.

[1] http://www.browserscope.org/ua

consiliens

Jul 30, 2011, 4:23:30 PM7/30/11
to Browserscope
Are the user agents downloadable as stated on the Wiki?

"A json dictionary for download (w/ referer check to prevent abuse)
consisting of 'allknownuseragentstrings'"
http://code.google.com/p/browserscope/wiki/UserAgentParsing

consiliens

Aug 22, 2011, 6:37:10 PM8/22/11
to Browserscope
Does browserscope really discard the full user agent string?

Based on looking at data_dump.py it seems they're being stored. If
anyone knows how to download the "allknownuseragentstrings" as
described on the wiki let me know.

elsigh

Aug 22, 2011, 7:01:21 PM8/22/11
to Browserscope
The wiki is a design doc really, not yet implemented.
We want to provide a way to download the whole set, but right now that
doesn't exist.
In the CSV data, you're getting grouped results where there is a lot
of variation on the UA string, so there would be no way to give a UA
string.
In a full download of results it would definitely make sense.
Know python? ;)

consiliens

Aug 22, 2011, 7:25:24 PM8/22/11
to browse...@googlegroups.com
On 08/22/2011 05:01 PM, elsigh wrote:
> In a full download of results it would definitely make sense.
> Know python? ;)

I know a bit of python. Is it possible for this feature to be added by
a non-admin using Python? data_dump.py seems to require admin rights.

elsigh

Aug 22, 2011, 7:33:26 PM8/22/11
to Browserscope

Right, I don't think you could use data_dump.py for that reason.
I wonder if we can somehow grant admin rights for "appcfg.py
download_data"
I do have the results of downloading the UserAgent models running that
command above from about two weeks ago.
It's a big file, and if you'd be willing to write code to do the
conversion from the downloaded sqlite file (which is a sqlite db of
protobuffers actually) to something like CSV or whatever that would be
really handy and I could email you that file.
Out of curiosity, what do you want to do with the data?

consiliens

Aug 22, 2011, 7:58:43 PM8/22/11
to browse...@googlegroups.com
On 08/22/2011 05:33 PM, elsigh wrote:

> Right, I don't think you could use data_dump.py for that reason.
> I wonder if we can somehow grant admin rights for "appcfg.py
> download_data"
> I do have the results of downloading the UserAgent models running that
> command above from about two weeks ago.
> It's a big file, and if you'd be willing to write code to do the
> conversion from the downloaded sqlite file (which is a sqlite db of
> protobuffers actually) to something like CSV or whatever that would be
> really handy and I could email you that file.

I'd love to try writing code to convert the sqlite db to CSV.

> Out of curiosity, what do you want to do with the data?

I'm learning data analysis and am interested in experimenting on a
meaningful data set. I don't have a specific goal in mind, however if I
learn anything interesting I'll post to the list.