Some problems with the site

Radko Dinev

Nov 28, 2011, 5:55:31 AM11/28/11
to Browserscope
Hello nice people :)

I noticed a couple of problems with http://www.browserscope.org. Here
is how to reproduce:

Problem 1: Go to http://www.browserscope.org/?category=network&ua=Chrome*
and sort by name descending. It appears that sorting is not natural,
but "ASCIIbetically" which is a problem when you want to sort by
version number.

Problem 2: Go to http://www.browserscope.org/browse?category=network&ua=Chrome%2014
and click the "Next >" link at the bottom. It doesn't link to where it
should.

I hope this is helpful and you will be able to fix these problems.
This is a great site and I thank you for it!

Greetings
Radko Dinev

Lindsey Simon

Nov 29, 2011, 1:30:11 AM11/29/11
to browse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Radko -

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 2:55 AM, Radko Dinev <radko...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello nice people :)

I noticed a couple of problems with http://www.browserscope.org. Here
is how to reproduce:

Problem 1: Go to http://www.browserscope.org/?category=network&ua=Chrome*
and sort by name descending. It appears that sorting is not natural,
but "ASCIIbetically" which is a problem when you want to sort by
version number.

Yes, this is a known annoyance with the version of our table. I have a fix for it, which involves using a different UI table whereby we can specify column type, but it's not yet landed.

Problem 2: Go to http://www.browserscope.org/browse?category=network&ua=Chrome%2014
and click the "Next >" link at the bottom. It doesn't link to where it
should.

Yeah, it looks like it loses the ua= bit.
Thanks for the heads up - I'll fix that!