Get all data with json format

Francois Devatine

Feb 23, 2014, 9:53:12 PM2/23/14
to browse...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I am trying to fetch all results from my test in JSON format, in order to
process them.

Here is the whole data:
http://www.browserscope.org/browse?category=usertest_agt1YS1wcm9maWxlcnIRCxIEVGVzdBiAgICU2ujtCww&limit=100000

Unfortunately, the JSON format seems to be incomplete, as it only gives me
1 result per user_agent.
http://www.browserscope.org/user/tests/table/agt1YS1wcm9maWxlcnIRCxIEVGVzdBiAgICU2ujtCww?v=3&o=json

Is there any special parameter that i could use to get the JSON format with
the whole set of data?

Thank you,
Francois

Lindsey Simon

Feb 25, 2014, 1:12:13 AM2/25/14
to browse...@googlegroups.com
Hey Francois,

Downloading all your data can be down with Google App Engine's appcfg.py script, but it's a bit involved.

Someone wrote a wrapper script a while back that showed how to do this - it might be in the groups archive too.. I'll try to look later on if you can't find it.

The idea of the download is that you get 1 result per user agent - where that's the median, not every result in the database. But I can see why you'd want it.

Francois Devatine

Feb 25, 2014, 5:04:01 AM2/25/14
to browse...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Thanks for your answer!
I didn't know that the 1 result per user agent was the median, that could be interesting for what I am trying to build.

But I still need all the data as well so I just built a small html parser to parse the html output from such URL:
http://www.browserscope.org/browse?category=usertest_agt1YS1wcm9maWxlcnIRCxIEVGVzdBiAgICU2ujtCww&limit=100000
Should the output change I'll update it.

Thanks!
Francois

Devrim Tufan

Feb 25, 2014, 11:56:45 PM2/25/14
to browse...@googlegroups.com
Lindsey,

Do you have any idea why browserscope api does not support get-me-my-entire-row-test-result-as-json api call? It would be very useful for the consumer of this service to have the entire raw data for further analysis which specific to our use-cases.

Thanks,
Devrim

Lindsey Simon

Feb 26, 2014, 12:13:56 AM2/26/14
to browse...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:56 PM, Devrim Tufan <tufan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Lindsey,

Do you have any idea why browserscope api does not support get-me-my-entire-row-test-result-as-json api call? It would be very useful for the consumer of this service to have the entire raw data for further analysis which specific to our use-cases.

It will get your entire row - do you mean your entire data set of ALL results?
That's just a performance/memory problem and so you can't do it all in one go (for most tests).