Add ssl support

Jimmy Wärting

Sep 9, 2015, 3:19:10 PM9/9/15
to Browserscope
My secure site can't make jsonp request

Mathias Bynens

Jan 21, 2016, 7:38:14 AM1/21/16
to Browserscope, Lindsey Simon
On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 9:19 PM, Jimmy Wärting <ji...@warting.se> wrote:
> My secure site can't make jsonp request

https://code.google.com/p/browserscope/issues/detail?id=356 However,
the bug tracker is now read-only.

This is the only thing stopping jsperf.com from working over HTTPS :(

Lindsey, how much work would it be to enable HTTPS on Browserscope?
The quickest/easiest way is probably just by enabling Cloudflare for
the site (is free, requires no changes to the server/code itself —
only to DNS, and takes ~5 minutes). If a little bit of server config
is no problem, then Let’s Encrypt (https://letsencrypt.org/) can be
used to get a free certificate.

Lindsey Simon

Jan 21, 2016, 1:48:41 PM1/21/16
to Mathias Bynens, Browserscope
OK, we just made the switch to Cloudflare!
Sorry it's taken me so long - I forgot about it.
Sounds like it will take a little while before it's all going to be working..

Mathias Bynens

Jan 21, 2016, 5:14:27 PM1/21/16
to Lindsey Simon, Browserscope
Thank you so much, Lindsey!!! https://www.browserscope.org/ works!

Any plans to migrate the Browserscope source code
(https://code.google.com/p/browserscope/) to GitHub? Google Code is
shutting down next week IIRC. I’m asking because I’d love to submit
some simple patches to fix mixed content issues.

Lindsey Simon

Jan 21, 2016, 5:37:30 PM1/21/16
to Mathias Bynens, Browserscope
Oh awesome, I think I actually already moved it over!