Gazelle Discussion Summary

Matt Mallozzi

Nov 18, 2010, 12:14:31 AM11/18/10
to brown-csci...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

On Tuesday we discussed Gazelle after we discussed Chrome - two browsers which try to provide some sandboxing between sites, where Chrome does so for stability/performance and Gazelle does so for security.  We discussed how the security models of previous browsers are broken, and about how even though Chrome makes some valiant efforts in that direction, it still has a lot missing.  We seemed to agree that the evaluation of Gazelle was a bit lacking (when isn't the evaluation too little?), and that the whole system had a few too many hacks to be considered anything beyond a prototype or proof of concept.

- Matt