Presentations Tomorrow!

Rodrigo Fonseca

Dec 8, 2010, 3:38:02 PM12/8/10
to CSCI2950-u Fall 10 - Brown
Hey,

The day has come! Here is the schedule for the presentations tomorrow, at 1pm, in room 368 (note room change) !!!

Each group will have 10 minutes, and we should keep to the schedule as much as possible. Plan to talk for 9 minutes, 1 minute for quick questions.
Remember that there will be people that have never heard of your project, or of Cassandra, Riak, X-Trace, or MapReduce, so plan to have some context in the introduction (at least a sentence describing the system you are modifying or using, if appropriate). Also include what you did, how, and what the outcome/result of evaluation/future work is.

As usual, if you want to send the slides you can do so until 11am tomorrow, and I will have them on my laptop. Please consider doing so unless you have some cool demo to show that requires your own computer.

There will be food outside before the class (3rd floor atrium), starting at 12:30pm

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,
Rodrigo

Projects and times:

I - Runtime:
  1. [1:00pm] MRJS: MapReduce in Javascript
        Sandy Riza and Tom Wall
  2. [1:10pm] Evaluating Placement and Communication Decisions in DAG Parallel Applications
        Hammurabi Mendes and Dimitar Todorov
II - Troubleshooting:
  3. [1:20-pm] A New Reporting Infrastructure for X-Trace
        Duy Nguyen
III - Data:
  4. [1:30pm] Improving Cassandra Wide Area Replication
        Basil Crown and James Chin
  5. [1:40pm] Comparison between MongoDB and CouchDB using YCSB
        Zikai Wang and Visawee Angkanawaraphan
  6. [1:50pm] Comparison between Cassandra and Riak using YCSB
        Joost DeNijs and Jake Eakle
 IV - Applications:
 7. [2:00pm] Closeness Centrality using MapReduce
        Abhiram Natarajan and Vinit Shah
 8. [2:10pm] Parallel Heuristics for TSP in MapReduce
        Siddhartha Jain and Matt Mallozzi