Compression tool for Windows

tien...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2016, 6:17:03 AM2/18/16
to Brotli
Hello,

Sorry for asking this but I can't find compression tool for Windows yet.

Is it available or not?

Thanks for your support.

elaw...@google.com

Mar 11, 2016, 5:37:26 PM3/11/16
to Brotli, tien...@gmail.com
If you're asking for a windows command-line tool for brotli, I published and signed the binary here: https://bayden.com/dl/brotli.exe. I wrote about it here: https://textplain.wordpress.com/2015/09/10/brotli/

Tiến Đinh Văn

Mar 12, 2016, 8:54:17 PM3/12/16
to elaw...@google.com, Brotli
Thanks a lot. I have tried it but it seems like not to work with folder. Am I right?

Thanks for your feedback.

Eric Lawrence

Mar 12, 2016, 9:05:36 PM3/12/16
to Tiến Đinh Văn, Brotli
The Brotli command line tool (on every platform) compresses a single file at a time. The format does not support an embedded filesystem containing multiple files (e.g. It doesn't have features present in the ZIP file format, for instance). To collect multiple files, you'd have to use a tool like tar to concatenate them before compression.
--
Eric Lawrence
Chrome Security