Brooklyn 0.6.0 Released.

David Toy

Nov 20, 2013, 8:26:18 AM11/20/13
to brookl...@googlegroups.com, brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hello folks!

Brooklyn version 0.6.0 is available. (Downloads: brooklyn.io [1], Maven Central [2], or GitHub [3].)

0.6.0 introduces 17 new features since 0.5.0, including new clouds, new entities, new tutorials, updates to the gui and more. Please see the release notes for full details: brooklyncentral.github.io/v/0.6.0/start/release-notes

If you are planning on upgrading to 0.6.0 there have been some important changes. Please see the Backward Compatibility section of the release notes.

Thank you to everyone that has contributed time, code and experience, and to those people who are using Brooklyn commercially and for research.

Since the last release we have seen Brooklyn adopted for academic research in the areas of cloud hybridisation and advanced automation policies. Great for Brooklyn, but more importantly for cloud and CS generally. (Please ping me if you wish to share something you are working on.)

I look forward to hearing your experience of version 0.6.0.

Thanks,
David