WebClusterDatabaseExample on different servers

shinji

Dec 17, 2013, 3:40:11 AM12/17/13
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all.

Now I use WebClusterDatabaseExample on localhost. It works well.

I would like to know how to configure brooklyn to deploy each component (Nginx, JBoss and MySQL) on different server (e.g. 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3 respectively).

I would be very glad if you can help me.

Best regards,
Shinji

Richard Downer

Dec 17, 2013, 6:24:32 AM12/17/13
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shinj,

So do you have a group of servers, already set up and ready to go, installed with Linux and given known IP addresses?

Brooklyn supports this type of location - it's called BYON ("bring your own nodes"). You can find information on it here: http://brooklyncentral.github.io/use/guide/defining-applications/common-usage.html
In particular, if you look at the example at the bottom of the page, there's an example which sets up a location called `prod1` which uses BYON.

Give this a try, and let us know how you get on :)

Richard.

Richard Downer • Principal Engineer • Cloudsoft Corporation • http://www.cloudsoftcorp.com
GitHub richardcloudsoft • Twitter @FrontierTown

Jose Carrasco

Dec 17, 2013, 9:53:35 AM12/17/13
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hello again.

I have deployed this example in Amazon but I do not get deploy in others clouds provider, e.g. HP.
Do anybody chech this use case?

Thanks a lot.

Jose.

Molnár Mihály László

Dec 17, 2013, 10:08:05 AM12/17/13
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jose,

Im using HP Cloud with Brooklyn. Its working with no problem.

Rusty

Aled Sage

Dec 17, 2013, 1:40:32 PM12/17/13
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Jose,

What errors are you getting when you try deploying to HP cloud?

Aled

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Jose Carrasco <kiu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello again.

I have deployed this example in Amazon but I do not get deploy in others clouds provider, e.g. HP.
Do anybody chech this use case?

Thanks a lot.

Jose.

El martes, 17 de diciembre de 2013 12:24:32 UTC+1, Richard Downer escribi�:

On 17 December 2013 08:40, shinji <shinji.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, all.

Now I use�WebClusterDatabaseExample on localhost. It works well.

I would like to know how to configure brooklyn to deploy each component (Nginx, JBoss and MySQL) on different server (e.g. 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3 respectively).

I would be very glad if you can help me.

Best regards,
Shinji

Richard Downer � Principal Engineer � Cloudsoft Corporation � http://www.cloudsoftcorp.com
GitHub richardcloudsoft � Twitter @FrontierTown

shinji

Dec 17, 2013, 9:26:23 PM12/17/13
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Thank you for your reply.

I found that I can deploy components having the some role (e.g. Web) on different servers (e.g. Web1 on 192.168.0.1, Web2 on 192.168.0.2, and Web3 on 192.168.0.3).

But I am still wondering if I can deploy different components in WebClusterDatabaseExample on different servers (e.g. Nginx on 192.168.0.1, JBOSS on 192.168.0.2, and MySQL on 192.168.0.3).

Best regards,
Shinji

2013年12月17日火曜日 20時24分32秒 UTC+9 Richard Downer:

Richard Downer

Dec 18, 2013, 6:20:21 AM12/18/13
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Shinji,

So are you looking to have a specific service, always on the same, known IP address? So MySQL is always on 192.168.0.3, and never any other address?

Handling this in Brooklyn at the moment is possible, but it's not easy to set up, although there are a few developments going on that may help.

Essentially, you need to define multiple locations - one for each type of service. For example:

brooklyn.location.named.database=byon:(hosts="10.9.1.1")
brooklyn.location.named.loadbalancer=byon:(hosts="10.9.1.2")
brooklyn.location.named.web=byon:(hosts="10.9.1.{20-29}")

From here, there's two ways to go.

The first is to modify the application code to change the location of each entity in the application. I have to say I haven't tried this exact method before so I don't have any example code to hand.

The second way - and this is probably the way to go - is to use the new CAMP[1] support that is being added to Brooklyn. The CAMP spec defines blueprints as YAML, and this format allows you to specify a location for each entity. This is currently working its way into Brooklyn - see the pull request[2] and recent discussions on the brooklyn-dev mailing list[3].

So I'd suggest keeping an eye on the CAMP/YAML work and, when it's merged and there's some documentation, giving it a try. If you'd like to try it sooner, then please check out Alex's pull request[2], give it a try, and give your feedback to the brooklyn-dev mailing list[3].

shinji

Dec 18, 2013, 7:40:49 PM12/18/13
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Thank you for the detailed information.

I will try to change the application code.

Best regards,
Shinji

2013年12月18日水曜日 20時20分21秒 UTC+9 Richard Downer: