Error Stopping Webcluster database example

faiza.sam...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2014, 2:56:38 PM4/1/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I was running this example on amazon instance and when I invoked the stop effector of WebClusterDatabaseExample, the sign on web console showed fire sign and on terminal stdout error is mentioned.
i separately invoked the stop process of Ngix and SQL, it did work but I am not sure if my amazon instance is properly shut down or not.
Can you please help me.

Regards,
Faiza

Aled Sage

Apr 1, 2014, 3:05:27 PM4/1/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faiza,

Can you send us the error messages you got please? Also sending the
debug log could prove very useful for finding the route cause.

We should be able to tell from the debug/info log if the instances were
stopped. Given I haven't seen the log then I'd recommend logging into
the aws web console to check that they are terminated as well, however.
You can sort by time, and also look for "br-" name prefix that Brooklyn
uses by default.

Aled

faiza.sam...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2014, 3:46:50 PM4/1/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
I am attaching the terminal output, about log file can you please tell me if it is the one brooklyn.debug.log in .brooklen folder or some where else?

Thanks

stdout.log

Aled Sage

Apr 2, 2014, 5:58:28 AM4/2/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faiza,

Thanks for terminal output. Hard to tell from that what went wrong. The
"Pool closed" message means that the ssh-connection pool has been closed
so we can't execute the ssh commands to gracefully stop nginx and MySql
processes. One possible reason for closing the pool is if the VM is
already being terminated.

Can you also send the log messages from earlier in the terminal (or the
debug log), which should tell us what happened in the lead up to the
exceptions.

The brooklyn.debug.log file sounds like the right name (assuming the
timestamp matches, and the log file contains the terminal's log messages
+ extra debug) - can you send us that please.
This log file is generally written to the current working directory from
which you launch brooklyn (as controlled by the default logback.xml).

Aled

faiza.sam...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2014, 7:21:20 AM4/2/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aled,

I tried again on aws with singlewebserver example and checked on console, on clicking stop instance and volume are terminated on aws console but brooklyn console shows fire icon with the same error on terminal. I am sending latest stdout log, about brooklyn.debug log the file is huge in size, should I send it too?

stdout010414.log

Richard Downer

Apr 3, 2014, 6:49:31 AM4/3/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faiza,

If you compress the logfile with bzip2 (or just zip) it should compress very well, hopefully down to something small enough that could be attached to an email. If not, then we can find another way to transfer the file. The logfile is very comprehensive, so the answer to the problem will be in there somewhere :-)

On 2 April 2014 12:21, <faiza.sam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Aled,

I tried again on aws with singlewebserver example and checked on console, on clicking stop instance and volume are terminated on aws console but brooklyn console shows fire icon with the same error on terminal. I am sending latest stdout log, about brooklyn.debug log the file is huge in size, should I send it too?

Richard Downer • Principal Engineer • Cloudsoft Corporation • http://www.cloudsoftcorp.com
GitHub richardcloudsoft • Twitter @FrontierTown

Aled Sage

Apr 3, 2014, 8:37:00 AM4/3/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faiza,

I think I'm in luck recreating the issue locally. I'm investigating now.

Aled

faiza.sam...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2014, 12:30:01 PM4/3/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com