Brooklyn giving me error "On Fire"

faiza.sam...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2014, 1:49:20 PM3/11/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have followed all the steps mentioned on the getting started guide. when I launch Example "DemoWebCluster with DB" from brooklyn interface (on my local host linux virtual machine)it gives me application status "On Fire". Can anybody please help me what exactly could be the problem.

help me please.
Regards,
Faiza

Aled Sage

Mar 11, 2014, 5:23:48 PM3/11/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faiza,

Here are some debugging tips:
  1. In the web-console, in the "applications" view, expand the tree on the left - this will show the entities of the application, so you can see which of them went "on fire".

  2. Select the entity from the tree on the left and then select the "activity" tab.
    Click on the task that failed (presumably the "start" task for you), and you can then drill into the task.
    If you expand the "background tasks", then it will show you sub-tasks - you can click on those as well to see their details.

    The top-level entity should show high level summary of what went wrong.
    Selecting the DB, app-server and/or load-balancer entities is likely where the problem was for you.

  3. Brooklyn by default writes to a two log files (one with info and above, the other with debug and above).
    It also writes info+ to stdout (but with truncated exceptions - see debug log for full exceptions).

    Does the stdout or log file show any error/warning messages?

Can you share that with us please (especially sending us errors reported in the logs, which are great for brooklyn developers), and then we'll be better able to help with diagnosing the underling problem.

Aled

faiza.sam...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014, 6:31:16 AM3/12/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aled,

I am attaching the log file and also the output shown on terminal, please look onto it.

Regards,
Faiza

brooklyn.debug.log
stdout.log

Richard Downer

Mar 12, 2014, 6:55:17 AM3/12/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faiza,

I've taken a look at the logfile. I think the root cause of the problem is that you do not have the "curl" command installed.

I see that you are deploying to localhost, therefore you need to have "curl" installed and available on your local machine. You can almost certainly get this by running "apt-get install curl" or "yum install curl" as root on your Linux VM.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Richard.

Richard Downer • Principal Engineer • Cloudsoft Corporation • http://www.cloudsoftcorp.com
GitHub richardcloudsoft • Twitter @FrontierTown

faiza.sam...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014, 6:56:38 AM3/12/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com, faiza.sam...@gmail.com
Hi Aled,

I have given passwordless access to my root user so it has resolved few of errors, now its is showing waiting status for SQL node and Webcluster on brooklyn interface.
i am attaching the latest log file, please look onto it.

Regards,
Faiza

stdout1.log

Richard Downer

Mar 12, 2014, 7:01:43 AM3/12/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com
Regarding these errors:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in scheme name at index 0:

Can you check your catalog.xml is good? It's not been word-wrapped or mangled by anything?

Richard.

faiza.sam...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014, 7:06:43 AM3/12/14
to brookly...@googlegroups.com, faiza.sam...@gmail.com
Hi Aled,

its up and running, thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
faiza