Can I configure an AWS EC2 instance with PIOPS

Dave Finnegan

Mar 26, 2014, 6:05:08 PM3/26/14
to brookl...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to configure an EC2 location and specify, say, 4k Provisioned IOPS for the node configuration?
Thx,
Dave

Aled Sage

Mar 27, 2014, 5:48:35 AM3/27/14
to brookl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately jclouds does not yet support configuring IOPS - see [1,2]. Given brooklyn is using jclouds for aws-ec2, it means we can't do it in brooklyn either.

It would be a great thing to support. The work started (and aborted) back in 2012 [1] gives some great pointers for how this can be done, but also shows that it's a not a quick thing to add.

Aled

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/legacy-jclouds/pull/867
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/jclouds/iiVDq6PBjfw/xj88HUmcHCwJ