Changing default app shutdown behaviour

Aled Sage

Jul 30, 2014, 5:27:40 AM7/30/14
to brookl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'd like to change the default behaviour for stopping apps on brooklyn
shutdown.

Currently it is: if persistence is enabled, leave everything running; if
persistence is disabled then only stop those apps started explicitly at
the command line with `--app` (i.e. though subsequently launched from
the catalog are not stopped). This means that their associated VMs are
left running on brooklyn cntrl-c, unless one manually stops each
application first.

There are a number of configurable options via the `--stopOnShutdown`
command line option [1, 2]. I suggest we change the default to
allIfNotPersisted. i.e. "stop all apps IF persistence is not enabled,
otherwise leave all running".

This CLI option was added after 0.7.0-M1 release so there are no
backwards compatibility issues.

Any objections or comments?

Aled

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/blob/master/usage/cli/src/main/java/brooklyn/cli/Main.java#L278-286
[2]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/blob/master/usage/launcher/src/main/java/brooklyn/launcher/config/StopWhichAppsOnShutdown.java

Aled Sage

Jul 30, 2014, 6:07:00 AM7/30/14
to brookl...@googlegroups.com
Accidentally sent to old brookl...@googlegroups.com list. Please
ignore this thread; instead respond to identical message sent to
d...@brooklyn.incubator.apache.org.

Aled