Demo app DB connect problem. Docs PR.

David Toy

Apr 21, 2014, 9:20:26 AM4/21/14
to brookl...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

I've updated the Getting Started documentation to use a YAML template. PR: [1]
Both the docs and the deployment have been tested (cloud and localhost).

While the *deployment* of the demo app is successful, the *demo app* does not function correctly [2]. I believe that the webapp is being passed an incorrect hostname for the DB.

Could someone with more knowledge of the Web Cluster with DB app take a look?
I suspect there are two areas to explore:
* YAML is not providing enough data to the webapp.
* Web app is looking for hostname at (defunct) database.url, rather than datastore.url.

Thanks,
David

2.
ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: null, message from server: "Host 'ip-10-227-166-203.eu-west-1.compute.internal' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

Aled Sage

Apr 23, 2014, 10:37:49 AM4/23/14
to brookl...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

You're right: it's getting the internal hostname rather than the correct hostname.

I couldn't reproduce this with the yaml in your pull request, against 0.7.0-M1 or against 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT.

For "database.url" versus "datastore.url", it should be the latter - did you get this error with "datastore.url" or just with "database.url"?

Aled