AWS Security Groups issue (Riak Entity)

Zaid Mohsin

Apr 10, 2014, 9:48:15 AM4/10/14
to Development, brooklyn-dev
Hello Dev people,

Can anyone help me solve this problem of AWS security groups blocking my Riak Nodes from communicating, see PR https://github.com/brooklyncentral/brooklyn/pull/1319. I need the nodes to be in the same Security Group, or open up the required ports to all IPs.

Thank You
Best Regards

signature.asc

Andrea Turli

Apr 10, 2014, 10:23:22 AM4/10/14
to Zaid Mohsin, Development, brooklyn-dev
Hi Zaid,

you can try adding this property to your brooklyn.properties
brooklyn.location.jclouds.aws-ec2.securityGroups=<your-security-group-name>

This should place all the ec2 instances in the same securityGroup

Best,
Andrea

Zaid Mohsin

Apr 10, 2014, 11:35:49 AM4/10/14
to Andrea Turli, Development, brooklyn-dev
Hi Andrea,

Thank you for this, I created a security group ‘RiakSecurityGroup’ on Ec2 with many ports open for communication, see (http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/advanced/security/).

Best Regards
signature.asc